does anybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anybody

run a 2.4 without the viscous fan cover on the rad does it make any difference to the cooling any feed back would be great.
    cheers shaun
    ps does running without the thermostat hurt the engine or is it not as important as in a petrol engine i know the heater wont be as good but i can live with that if it cuts down the likely hood of overheating.
    Last edited by MUD MUNCHER; 26 January 2008, 11:25.
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Running without the Stat is NOT GOOD at all. I have seen someone on here run without the fan shroud, I dont beleive its a major deal , it just means that airflow over the rad at idle is not quite as focused. But DONT LEAVE THE STAT OUT, that is bad. No control over water flow is not good.

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

I removed the stat and ran for about 3 months, the temperature fluctuates a lot more with no stat, at times running hotter than with.

I removed the bottom half of the fan shroud, but left the top half in place, the main reason being that it stopped the shroud filling up with mud making the rad a touch easier to clean.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

thanks for the replys i will leave the bottom half of the shroud off i will have another think about thermostat.
        cheers shaun
        NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun View Post
          thanks for the replys i will leave the bottom half of the shroud off i will have another think about thermostat.
          cheers shaun
          ive got no top on my fan but think i got a bigger fan ask stormy he knows more bout it than me though

Comment

Working...
          X