Tirfor on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tirfor on ebay

Was going to bid on this but need my dosh for the current repairs........might intrest one of you

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=024
    www.daemon4x4.org

Someone might snap a bargain there. He's listed it as a 3200lb winch, which no-one in their right mind would use for serious off-road winching. But a quick examination of the pictures suggests it's actually a 3200kg (3.2 tonne) winch, much better. If I was nearer, I'd give it a punt.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Scrap that, it looks like it's a hand-operated winch. Not interested now.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

It's cheap compared to buying one new - seen this ?

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
          It's cheap compared to buying one new - seen this ?

Trev
          Erm, how about this one!
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Simply put, they are THE BEST hand winches available. I wouldn't use anything other than a tirfor or at least a tirfor copy.

Ratchet cable pullers just ain't up to vehicle recovery. I don't see the point of a hand winch that has to be fixed in place to use so that rules out boat winches. And chain blocks and lever hoists are sweet for lifting but they ain't designed to be used horizontal, you could maybe get away with a lever hoist but really it'd just be a pain in the arse trying to work either on their side really - they're designed to hang down and the operation kind of relies on it. That tirfor will pull a hell of a lot better than a most electric winches with 2 or 3 times the rating and they're easy to maintain.

The only thing you wanna see is that the shear pin in the base of the handle is still a brass shear pin and not been replaced by bangin a steel nail in it's place, and that there's no kinks in the wire rope, they don't like damaged ropes.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Working...
            X