Stupid question re: front bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question re: front bumper

Is the top half of the front bumper on a 2nd Gen steel?
    I always assumed that the rear bumper was steel and that the front was composite. I know that the valance is plastic. I'll take a magnet out with me when I go to work tonight and see if it sticks.

More ideas forming, mmmmm
    It's only a hobby!

The 2nd generation front is all steel. Bumper is 16 gauge and valance is 20 gauge.

Comment

Thanks Elvz. That has opened up some new antenna mounting possibilities. I have designed a self tuning mobile antenna that will be fairly heavy and want to use the Surf as a test bed. One day I'll be a millionaire.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        Thanks Elvz. That has opened up some new antenna mounting possibilities. I have designed a self tuning mobile antenna that will be fairly heavy and want to use the Surf as a test bed. One day I'll be a millionaire.
        not seen a satelite dish on a surf before
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
          The 2nd generation front is all steel. Bumper is 16 gauge and valance is 20 gauge.
          Widebody 2nd Gen Valance is Plastic, Bumper is steel. Valance is only steel on Narrow Body ones with the 3 piece front bumper.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            not seen a satelite dish on a surf before
            or a surf called a test bed
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

I wasn't aware that there was a difference between the valances on wide body models and narrow ones. I have several unused original Toyota valances which are for the facelift model and they are definitely steel.

Comment

and just in case anyone wondered... the 3rd gen top half is steel and the bottom half is plastic.

think it's rubber, cos deers don't break it.
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X