TEASER - Lift is done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEASER - Lift is done!

Well after having parts sat here for months and months!

Its all finally on the truck!

Its HUGEEE

Just a teaser pic, I'll post more up when i sort out tyres!

Those are 265/75/16 rims and tyres. an they look patheticly small now.

EDIT: the oil on the drive is off my dads van! its leaking - an i had to park there because someone took my parking spot!!! Hense not having the front in the pic

did u manage to get up the kerb ok,u not got much clearance!!!lolD

Comment

Nice one mate, makes a big difference dont it? That tipped the balance on mine, as soon as i'd done it was when i got all the comments from passersby
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Looking good Rod. Welcome to my world
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

get them 33's on dude !!

cos when it gets hard to get in you know your high enough !!
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            did u manage to get up the kerb ok,u not got much clearance!!!lolD

I know! im gunna look into low profile transfer case guards to stop grounding out!
            Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner View Post
            Nice one mate, makes a big difference dont it? That tipped the balance on mine, as soon as i'd done it was when i got all the comments from passersby
            Same here mate!! Some guy nearly smashed into the back of someone on a roundabout cuz he was staring!

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Looking good Rod. Welcome to my world
            Cheers mate! Its a good world to be in!!!

Comment

might need acouple of those tyres rod nice lift btw
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Looks good Rod. How did it go. Tell me all the details/costs. I fancy doing mine. Also get the pics up soon, maybe some underneath shots.

Comment

Yeah good job there m8. Couple of questions though.
                  1. Is it dirty enough?
                  2. Wot have u done with the handbrake cable guides?
                  3. Did u use drop brackets for ur anti roll bars?

P.S. I still got skinnies on mine, but should be fitting my new wheels and tyres this weekend hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                    get them 33's on dude !!

cos when it gets hard to get in you know your high enough !!
                    i cant wait to get them on! Finishes it off an puts the proportions back. It looks like a giant roller skate atm!
                    Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                    might need acouple of those tyres rod nice lift btw
                    those wheels and tyres will be up for sale soon(ish) so im sure if i find a buyer for the wheels then you can make me an offer on the tyres mate

Originally posted by mick p View Post
                    Looks good Rod. How did it go. Tell me all the details/costs. I fancy doing mine. Also get the pics up soon, maybe some underneath shots.
                    Cheers mate! Im going to be doing a bit more of a 'photoshoot' soon.

Costs were um... well not cheap!

Its a 1.5" body lift - did at my uncles, gave my cousin £40 for helping out, Had to cut and add bits to the winch bumper 'cradle' to close the gap after the lift. Went quite well!

The suspension is tweaked torsion bars and ball joint spacers, 2" coil spacers and +2" coils from roughtrax. then its topped off with some ES9000's front an back an some goodridge extended brake lines. Also fitted is bushwhackers kit, so the front an rear ARB's are still fitted.

I had a local garage fit the suspension components so i got a tasty bill!!

Wasnt cheap - never expected it to be! I have recepits for everything so im going to add it all up an then hang myself

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                      Yeah good job there m8. Couple of questions though.
                      1. Is it dirty enough?
                      2. Wot have u done with the handbrake cable guides?
                      3. Did u use drop brackets for ur anti roll bars?

P.S. I still got skinnies on mine, but should be fitting my new wheels and tyres this weekend hopefully.
                      you should see the other side mate! plastered in mud!

Handbrake cable guides seemed ok with the 1.5" lift - its strange! my air con pipes wouldve fallen off with a 2" lift. Im glad i went 1.5"!!
                      An yeah, vinces drop bracket on the rear an the 4crawler one on the front

Forgot to add - it has a diff drop so the cvs arnt at crazy angles!

Comment

I removed my handbrake cable guides so they dont get pulled when off road and i have also removed both front and rear ARB's. No ARB's on road makes some people sea sick, but offroad produces awesome performance for the axle twisters!!
                        So when ya fitting ur 33's?

Comment

Looks Good Rod, Can't wait to get mine done now.

Just waiting on tonyN to sort me out.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                            I removed my handbrake cable guides so they dont get pulled when off road and i have also removed both front and rear ARB's. No ARB's on road makes some people sea sick, but offroad produces awesome performance for the axle twisters!!
                            So when ya fitting ur 33's?
                            I gotta work out when someones going to be in to take delivery first!!

Work is a nightmare - 5am starts at the moment to get on site for 7am!

Sleep is an old friend!!

But as soon as someones in all day i'll sort it out. probably going for BFG's

Ive got some 15"x10" black rims to go on

Comment

Funnily enough m8, i got 15x10 black rims and bfg mud terrains.
                              Cant u get ur tyres delivered to site ur on??

Comment

Working...
                              X