Privilege insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privilege insurance

Well, it's that time of year again, insurance renewal. Got the renewal quote through from Privilege, £467.78! Not having that I thought. So, did the rounds of the insurance web-sites, got it down to around £350 with Direct-line.

Then, on a whim, I decided to get a new policy quote from Privilege. £373! Nearly a hundred pounds cheaper than just renewing. Phoned them up, told them they had beaten themselves, and they still couldn't match the new policy quote. I checked, and there is no problem cancelling my current policy and taking up a new policy.

Now, to add the cream! If I go through my QuidCo account, and I should see £60 of that back. For anyone that hasn't heard of QuidCo, they're a UK based online co-operative that negotiates discounts for its members. Loads of big companies and websites of all stypes give often quite sizeable discounts if you go through Quidco. The best bit is that it only costs you £5 a year, and only if you've saved at least £5 that year - so you pretty much can't lose!

Around £160 saving for a bit of internet surfing. I'll take that!
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Slug A Plan £255 fully comp Im 40 with a 3 point speeding and a proteced claim last 5 yrs plus the cover all mods no cost excluding NOS
    Brian

Comment

Cool, I've requested a call back tomorrow from them. I'm 37 with no points, so hopefully they'll do me proud.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Just had the call-back but not from A-Plan, some other company. Their best quote is £333, but she's going to have to check that the insurance company involved would actually cover an import. So it looks like I'll be sticking with Privilege.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Acadamy in Swindon, £240 fully comp with 'er indoors on it as well!

Cheers, Nick
          "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

I used to be with Privilidge until I had two cars insured with them, sold one, told them then found out 8 months later that I was still insured on the car I sold, and had no insurance on the one I'd been driving round in.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
            X