Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance? - and vehicle name

Hi guys,

I have been trying to get quotes for a Surf, and the Post Office came up with the best one, however as far as I can see they've given me two different quotes for what I can see is the same vehicle:-

Toyota Surf 4Runner - £315
    Toyota Hilux Surf (4Runner) - £720

They even had 4Runner in brackets as I show above, but claim it's not the same vehicle, so frustrating they would charge an extra £300 due to wording. So it seems if you import one make sure there is no mention of the word Hilux on the paperwork. Anyone else come across this, or know of decent insurers. Thanks.
    Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

full list of companies here
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1311
    i am with adrian flux who cover all mods new for old and for off road use also
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Give adrian flux a call, it is purely down to it being an import and 4x4 and the hilux name makes it 'guilty by association' of being a commercial vehicle.

Adrian flux
      Lifesure
      Sureterm direct
      and Tesco

all insure various members vehicles, among others i'm sure but these are the one's that come up time and time again in the many insurance related discusions on here. Think many of them are linked to and have contact details on roughtrax website at www.toyotahilux.com which will prove to be the 2nd most valuable surf related websie you'll find.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Like stormforce, im with Adrian flux!

£850, 20yrs old, 2yrs NCB, parked on a street

LOTS of mods!

well worth trying out Flux!!!

Comment

Thanks! I have contacted Adrian Flux and waiting for their reply, hopefully they'll have a good offer. Cheers.
          Live like ur gonna die, because ur gonna

Comment

ASDA £300.00 fully comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsy View Post
              ASDA £300.00 fully comp.
              well smack my bum

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                well smack my bum
                I'am sure there would be plenty of takers for that in brighton
                www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

swiftcover

I am with swiftcover and they charged me 220 quid TPFT - they even gave me 5 years no claims (only had 2 on the second policy) as I already insure the family car with them so now have 2 full no claims available . The car was 168 quid fully comp this year so both vehicles coming in less than 400 quid

Comment

Working...
                  X