Resignation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resignation

Any HR wizards out there as i need to get out of my JOB very fast as i have been offered a Better position elsewhere with a lot more money, This new job is I/T Hardware Field Support & the Money is similiar to what i earnt before.

Can i just Resign & walk away?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

if you don't give a weeks notice, you'll lose your week in hand...
    so give a week, start next monday.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by marky View Post
      Any HR wizards out there as i need to get out of my JOB very fast as i have been offered a Better position elsewhere with a lot more money, This new job is I/T Hardware Field Support & the Money is similiar to what i earnt before.

Can i just Resign & walk away?
      Calm down tigger

If you just walk out then you 'burn your bridges' you may need a reference etc.
      Do you have any paid holidays left for this tax year ? book em and take em, alternatively sick note

Good luck M8
      Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
        if you don't give a weeks notice, you'll lose your week in hand...
        so give a week, start next monday.
        Its not the sperm bank! I just want out ASAP as its killing me Financially.
        (\__/)
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
          Calm down tigger

If you just walk out then you 'burn your bridges' you may need a reference etc.
          Do you have any paid holidays left for this tax year ? book em and take em, alternatively sick note

Good luck M8
          Reference not important. Ive been offered better conditions etc
          I face FINANCIAL RUIN/BANKCRUPT House repossessed etc if i dont get out now & get a better paid job very quick, I want to keep my House etc as i have worked very hard to get were i am now
          Last edited by marky; 21 January 2008, 10:08.
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Have you got the HP contract offer in your hand, with an agreed package and potential start date? I.e - are you sure you have the job to go to? If so, then read the contract of the other one, work out what your notice period is, how much holiday you have left and talk to your current boss.

You may be able to negotiate your way out early as it is a different industry, so you are not going to a competitor, so ask and see what response you get.
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

FREIGHT to I/T no competition or conflicts of interest. I have never had or ever signed a Contract.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

FREIGHT to I/T no competition or conflicts of interest. I have never had or ever signed a Contract.
                What do you have from the new lot then?

If you don't have a contract from the current job, was one discussed???

I think that without a signed contract you may still need a weeks notice, but the best thing for you to do is talk to your current employer and see what you can do....

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                  What do you have from the new lot then?

If you don't have a contract from the current job, was one discussed???

I think that without a signed contract you may still need a weeks notice, but the best thing for you to do is talk to your current employer and see what you can do....
                  Ive got Interview this afternoon & my CV has Impressed them very much.
                  To be Honest i just want to QUIT my current job as i work with Brainless Idiots & i put up with Verbal abuse but i cant take anymore.
                  (\__/)
                  (")_(")

Comment

Ive got Interview this afternoon & my CV has Impressed them very much.
                    To be Honest i just want to QUIT my current job as i work with Brainless Idiots & i put up with Verbal abuse but i cant take anymore.
                    My advice is - unless you have an agreement, in writing from the other company, DON'T quit - little money is better than no money, and you have no guarantee that you'll be offered the other job, so until you are, stay put however shit it is......

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                      My advice is - unless you have an agreement, in writing from the other company, DON'T quit - little money is better than no money, and you have no guarantee that you'll be offered the other job, so until you are, stay put however shit it is......
                      Ive told them ive got an Appointment with my Finacial Adviser today ref: my Mortgage etc to stall them till later today.
                      ANDY you have a PM
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

not had interview yet?

I think you need to calm down here mate. I have loads of IT calls with people saying 'we have seen your CV and are really interested' - then after the interview you find out there were 900 other people for same job all told the same.

You WAIT unitl you have succefully traversed the interview and have a WRITTEN job offer (also make sure it is not conditional on work references)

Then if it is offered I suggest you offer your employer 1 weeks notice in writing and ensure you leave on a good standing

PS - References these days are rarely bad as most firms use a standard format of stating yes you were employed and your attendance was satisfactory blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by lord_lancaster View Post
                          I think you need to calm down here mate. I have loads of IT calls with people saying 'we have seen your CV and are really interested' - then after the interview you find out there were 900 other people for same job all told the same.

You WAIT unitl you have succefully traversed the interview and have a WRITTEN job offer (also make sure it is not conditional on work references)

Then if it is offered I suggest you offer your employer 1 weeks notice in writing and ensure you leave on a good standing

PS - References these days are rarely bad as most firms use a standard format of stating yes you were employed and your attendance was satisfactory blah blah
                          Marky hang in there mate I'm with L Lancs.

Contact your mortgage lender and ask for a couple of months grace due to moving employers most will give you a few months to sort things out be up front with them and take it slow.

As for the abuse at work discuss it with the current boss and tell him it's affecting your health stress at work.

The cretins that are causing it may them calm down a bit the boss will see a tribunial round the corner and want to keep things sweet.

Best of luck it's a real shit when this happens but health and family come first. Take it easy don't let the Bar Stewards grind ye down and best of luck with the new job.

Cheers JB
                          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

I'll see how the Interview goes before i do anything! I have taken your advice & i wont make any rash decisions until ive got it all in black & white 1st.
                            Ive been ther since October & i'm the highest paid, I thought the others salaries were higher than mine but they're 2-3k below me & its caused an Atmosphere.
                            (\__/)
                            (")_(")

Comment

Normal practice dictates your notice period to be equal to your pay period, ie) if you're paid weekly you would be expected to give one weeks notice, if you're paid calender monthly you would be expected to give one calender months notice etc.. unless it's specifically stipulated otherwise in the terms of your contract.
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X