spare wheel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spare wheel ?

Can someone please let me know how to release the spare wheel from under neath my 92 surf 2.4ssrx ltd,also should there be a chain hanging from the centre of the spare or should it be tucked out of the way (new surfster).

Karl,
    Not sure about the chain bit cos I have the rear mounted spare. The winder should be in the tool roll in the right hand cubby hole in the back.
    I know from my experience of similar systems that, unless they have been well greased and wound up and down regularly, they can seize. Spray plenty of WD40 on the worm drive/cable and any other bits that look like they should move. Wind it up and down a bit at a time. Eventually, everything crossed, you will get it down.
    A wire brush and plenty of grease on the moving bits will keep it free for future use. At least you discovered it now and not when you were stuck with a puncture................or where you?

Welcome to the mad world of Surfing-ness.
    BTW I think that Surfs look better with the underslung spare.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

there is a long bar under the back seats there are also other bits in the 2 storage areas in the boot area the hook end goes through the gap in your back bumper at 45degrees turn anticlockwise to lower wheel
      Last edited by marky; 11 March 2004, 19:49.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Its all in the e mail i sent you
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          Its all in the e mail i sent you
          WHO ? GO ON share it with us
          (\__/)
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
            WHO ? GO ON share it with us
            He emailed me with the same question and I have replied to his email with the answer he required.
            Got three e mails today from the USA and 1 from spain asking me to ship spares to them. I get on average about 20 -30 mails a day via the forum or web site asking tech, general, buying etc info stuff. It may take a day or two but I reply to everyone I get.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
              He emailed me with the same question and I have replied to his email with the answer he required.
              Got three e mails today from the USA and 1 from spain asking me to ship spares to them. I get on average about 20 -30 mails a day via the forum or web site asking tech, general, buying etc info stuff. It may take a day or two but I reply to everyone I get.
              your a good man NIGEL keep up the good work mate
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                I get on average about 20 -30 mails a day via the forum or web site asking tech, general, buying etc info stuff. It may take a day or two but I reply to everyone I get.
                'Santa' Nigel.

As long as you don't have to sit on his knee.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  'Santa' Nigel.

As long as you don't have to sit on his knee.

I'll give him bl***y Ho Ho he forgot me f in bike.
                  Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Originally posted by karl higgs
                    Can someone please let me know how to release the spare wheel from under neath my 92 surf 2.4ssrx ltd,also should there be a chain hanging from the centre of the spare or should it be tucked out of the way (new surfster).

many thanks to you lovely people,spare wheel wound down like it just left the factory,except tyre was flat,probably been sitting there untouched from new,as tools supplied were all brand new looking,now they're slightly scuffed.

Comment

glad we could help mate
                      (\__/)
                      (")_(")

Comment

Well done mate. I took your question as being more technical than it was. Glad you got it sorted. If you ever think of going for the spare wheel carrier on back, instead of underneath, I would be interested in the underslung spare wheel bits. I have a cunning plan for the spare wheel carrier on mine.

Bring on the angle grinder.
                        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                        X