Lifts + Autobox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifts + Autobox

Right, This weekend (unless the world ends) im doing the body lift at my uncles and on monday the trucks at the garage for the rest of the suspension lift, Soon to be rolling some big rubber.

My two questions are - with a 1.5" body lift, what happens with the gear selector? Will it just sit an inch an half lower?

Also, How is the gearbox with the larger tyres? Are the revs crazy? Or is it just a subtle change?

Any help would be great!! Not long left to wait now

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
    Right, This weekend (unless the world ends) im doing the body lift at my uncles and on monday the trucks at the garage for the rest of the suspension lift, Soon to be rolling some big rubber.

My two questions are - with a 1.5" body lift, what happens with the gear selector? Will it just sit an inch an half lower?

Also, How is the gearbox with the larger tyres? Are the revs crazy? Or is it just a subtle change?

Any help would be great!! Not long left to wait now
    Yes the transfer lever will be lower, as the engine and transmission are attatched to the chassis not the body. The gear lever will stay the same.
    With larger tyres, your acceleration will suffer, but your cruising speed will be easier on the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Yes the transfer lever will be lower, as the engine and transmission are attatched to the chassis not the body. The gear lever will stay the same.
      With larger tyres, your acceleration will suffer, but your cruising speed will be easier on the engine.
      Great stuff! I knew acceleration was going to take a knock, Im going to do an intercooler once the body lift is all on.

Comment

I had to cut these bits out with a 2" lift but you should get away with it with 1.5
        Attached Files
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

i was lucky with my 2" body lift as i never had to cut anything for the selectors to engage.I get a slight vibration on the consol where the lever just rest against but nothing to really worry about
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Bit of grinding out to clear the hi-lo transfer lever with my 2" lift. It used catch the body shell in low range while going up hills for some reason?

Comment

Working...
            X