Rav 4's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rav 4's

because i wont let wifey have my lovely 4 runner she is now talking of getting a Rav 4.

Anyone got any views on these vehicles ie ones to avoid, best model etc

once she has sold her 206cc think she will have budget of £3-5 k so not a new one and its mainly because she is killing the 206 going to stables etc

do these get imported?

your opinions would be much appreciated.

Thatll get you a w or x reg one i think, and they are really reliable. A little modding and they can be quite good offroad too, Very thirsty for theyre size though, diesel didnt come out till alot later.

Nice black one here

: http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...00&max_mileage=
    Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 17 January 2008, 11:15.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I've driven one for a couple of weeks in New Zealand. Not a bad little car at all. Comfortable, quite quick and pretty good on the snow. It was taking four of us up totally snow covered mountain roads with no drama or effort at all.

I doubt anyone imports them as there'd be a very limited market for something that's already sold in the UK.

Comment

I know it's not in your price range, but the latest version is fab. The wife has a D4-D, 2.2 (140 bhp) XT4. Superb road holding with little or no body roll.
        Only problem in 27,000 miles was a small water leek into the footwell, fixed under waranty , but the big bonus is fuel consumption 40 - 50 MPG

Comment

if u stretch to deisel,its engine out job to do clutch,u have been warned!

Comment

Tam has a 1999 Rav4 Freesport 3 door auto and loves it . It is our main car now I dont have a company car so I get to use it as well . Not my choice and have had some stick when seen driving it ! Not to good on fuel as permanant 4wd .Very reliable , only needed a water pump , battery , a couple of tyres and service items in 3 years . Although water pump was vertually an engine out job and cost £400 + even at mates rates.

I recomend one for wives run abouts as driving position is higher then a normal car but is shorter then most hatchbacks and a doddle to park.

We take the rear seats out , 2 min job, and makes a mini van for carrying stuff .
            Last edited by Vagrant No2; 17 January 2008, 21:26.
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by hilly64 View Post
              because i wont let wifey have my lovely 4 runner she is now talking of getting a Rav 4.

Anyone got any views on these vehicles ie ones to avoid, best model etc

once she has sold her 206cc think she will have budget of £3-5 k so not a new one and its mainly because she is killing the 206 going to stables etc

do these get imported?

your opinions would be much appreciated.
              Why not get her a Surf 2.4 for £1,500 and spend the rest on your truck modding it?

Comment

now there's a thought!!

think ideally as I have got to know my 4 runner she would prefer that and me get a 3rd gen. Do keep looking around but guess its a case of finding the right one.

having said that the neighbours say the front of our house looks like a car lot with the kids still being at home and all got cars!! How will that look with two lovely surf trucks parked up.....cool i guess!

Comment

Working...
                X