• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floods

just wondering if we are all safe from the floods

my town is holding out the river don is full but not over flowing
    for now
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Had to drive through one to get to Nina's last night, but not much rain today so we should be safe.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
      just wondering if we are all safe from the floods

my town is holding out the river don is full but not over flowing
      for now
      River Thames is three meters from the front door need wellies to get to the car, Work is slowly also going under water cleared all kit from the floor in one of the buildings this morning now theres an inch of water in there. Still rising and not due to peak for a few days so it's going to be close again.

Pics Later

Mark

Comment

Its not as bad as last time is it???
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
          No, it isn't- only one of my sheds got dunked, and only a little bit at that..
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
            Had to drive through one to get to Nina's last night, but not much rain today so we should be safe.
            Mudsurfer- I could have sworn I saw your old Surf (the red one) parked up on someones drive in Long Itchington the other day?

Comment

Remember a few years back when some little town in South Wales was washed away? Well we had some African students here at the time and we had been discussing the situation……….

The Africans said, “why do the British build their homes in the bottom of a valley when it is obvious it will flood?….we build our houses up on the higher ground”…

Well you can’t argue with their logic!
              Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock@work View Post
                Mudsurfer- I could have sworn I saw your old Surf (the red one) parked up on someones drive in Long Itchington the other day?
                You did - and you may have seen the new one right next to it too - on Nina's drive - as you were off the the Two Boats pub - where I saw your Surf in the car park!
                Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

i live on a hill but suffered last time i had a 15ft across 5ft deep hole put in the garden for a pond just before the last floods it filled up in 24 hours i had to channel it out let the water out before it washed to whole garden in to the house
                  turns out the hole was dug throw a 3000 year old dryed stream that ran again in the floods and now its running again
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Going up to Leominster to see my folks this weekend. Ma described it as Herefordshire-on-Sea. So that won't be so great.

Comment

Nah mate, its not that bad round here (Worcs / Herefordshire)
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                        Nah mate, its not that bad round here (Worcs / Herefordshire)
                        Cool -- cheers!. Although I miss out on the wading competition between the Surf and my old man's L200.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
                          We flooded during the summer during peak season and this is higher than that however being as we are in low season there is no problem with that until it reaches the next set of buildings ...then it starts to cost money

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                            You did - and you may have seen the new one right next to it too - on Nina's drive - as you were off the the Two Boats pub - where I saw your Surf in the car park!
                            My favourite Pub walk.....Cuttle Inn>Two Boats>Blue Lias>The Boat and then back again. Good thing about Long Itchington- loads of pubs!

Comment

Working...
                            X