This months TOR roadbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This months TOR roadbook

Dont want to wind you Midlanders up too much, but this months route is 71.9 miles of lanes around South Shropshire between Leintwardine and Cardingmill Valley, maybe an hour from me.

Maybe a few of us should check it out before long? Boyo? Mudsurfer?

"Steep gradients are a regular feature - vehicles without a low box will struggle - ruts you encounter mean this is not recommended for soft roaders - dont expect your paintwork to come though unscathed - be ready for bonnet deep river crossings - murky forests, bleak hillsides, great views etc makes a top notch day out"

Sounds good!
    Last edited by Apache; 14 January 2008, 22:44.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Sh1t - I really need to get the time to fix the 4WD.........
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Camping?

Sounds like a plan
      Wax on, wax off

Comment

Where is Mr Boyo?

What do you reckon Andy? Maybe a recce as part of the 'Big Wales Run'? It's Welsh Borders so might be a nice link to the North Wales bits?

Comment

What about either 29th - 30th march or 5th - 6th April?

We can trundle up there, have a recce and report back with pics.......

Comment

Will check my diary, but we are doing some route planning before then - 2nd weekend in feb I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              What do you reckon Andy? Maybe a recce as part of the 'Big Wales Run'? It's Welsh Borders so might be a nice link to the North Wales bits?
              Sounds interesting coz whilst I'm happy to do Sarn Helen (Brecon council still don't know if they are going to enforce the ban) we do need alternatives.

Apache - Mudsurfer - is the second weekend of Feb a go for the route planning sesh????
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo View Post
                Sounds interesting coz whilst I'm happy to do Sarn Helen (Brecon council still don't know if they are going to enforce the ban) we do need alternatives.

Apache - Mudsurfer - is the second weekend of Feb a go for the route planning sesh????
                It's good for me, but if both of you are bringing your better halves (which would be good as Vicki will have someone to talk to while we talk trucks and beer incoherently) we can only offer a bed to one couple.

Comment

I thought we had agreed first weekend of Feb (which is the 2nd) not the second weekend of Feb - don't confuse me, I don't want to do another TonyN visit.......

I'd said I couldn't do the last weekend in Jan as Nina and I are away, but - can do the following weekend, which is the 2nd of Feb.......and even if we don't bring our Surfettes with us, I'm NOT sharing a bed with Boyo!

Comment

Nope, Boyo suggested the 2nd, which I couldn't do as I'll be away. Is 9th a problem for you?

Comment

Nope, Boyo suggested the 2nd, which I couldn't do as I'll be away. Is 9th a problem for you?
                      Nope - should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                        Nope - should be fine
                        OK - Sorted - Saturday 9th Feb Malvern.

Mud - what shall we do about digs - draw straws and the loser stays at a B&B????

Why don't we do the Leintwardine and Cardingmill Valley route on the saturday?
                        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

OK - Sorted - Saturday 9th Feb Malvern.

Mud - what shall we do about digs - draw straws and the loser stays at a B&B????

Why don't we do the Leintwardine and Cardingmill Valley route on the saturday?
                          I'll grab a B&B nearby - within staggering distance of the Nags Head - then no issue if Nina wants to come along

Comment

The total route is 6+ hours long, plus an hour each way from Malvern, and I may be picking Cal up on Saturday morning. Might be a goer for the Sunday though?

If you fancy a more local play on the Saturday, then Clee Hill is within easy reach.

Comment

The total route is 6+ hours long, plus an hour each way from Malvern, and I may be picking Cal up on Saturday morning. Might be a goer for the Sunday though?

If you fancy a more local play on the Saturday, then Clee Hill is within easy reach.
                              Lets try and keep local for that weekend, we'll have plenty to do - and we'll need to be back home in the morning - so I'll bring the laptop with MM on it, we'll go over the routes for both drives, and pick a time to look it over in the flesh!

Comment

Working...
                              X