PC Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Question

PC as in computer - not political correctness!

Justa quickie (I hope) for all you computor wizards

Why is it when I open a new page on this site - and indeed others - that the new page opens at half page size? then i have to maximise page to read it correctly each time.
    Only a small pain - but trying to login and open a specific page on this site or others becomes a headache.

which magic button do I press to open all pages at maximum size??
    Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Originally posted by jaky cakes
    PC as in computer - not political correctness!

Justa quickie (I hope) for all you computor wizards

Why is it when I open a new page on this site - and indeed others - that the new page opens at half page size? then i have to maximise page to read it correctly each time.
    Only a small pain - but trying to login and open a specific page on this site or others becomes a headache.

which magic button do I press to open all pages at maximum size??
    good question!! I'll wait with you for the reply

Comment

you can try to put curser on the side of window you should see a arrow pointing both ways,keep your finger on left mouse button to drag it to size you want it should stay that size then.
      or put curser on desktop right click then click properties then settings n change screen resolution mine is 1024x768 pixels

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
        you can try to put curser on the side of window you should see a arrow pointing both ways,keep your finger on left mouse button to drag it to size you want it should stay that size then.
        or put curser on desktop right click then click properties then settings n change screen resolution mine is 1024x768 pixels
        Thanks for that!
        Dragging to the size I want trick works fine - but only on this site!!
        changing resolution of screen only makes all my icons really big as if I have a prescription monitor!! If I open my IE or another site - e.g. Ebay - still half page.
        I was hoping to find a button on keyboard that says " open all pages at full size" but to no avail!

Comment

try maximising the new window then closing it. try a new one again and it should open it full size. What browser by the way?
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

tried that - n/g

I'm using windows internet explorer (latest version) with sky broadband.

Comment

Thats a 'problem' I have too. Would be interested in the answer. It's probably an 'options' or 'preferences' setting somewhere.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Open a webpage. Stretch it out to full size. Don't use maximize.
                Choose any link on that webpage and right-click, open in a new window.
                Stretch that second window out to the desired size, again don't use
                maximize.
                Close the first IE window you resized. Then close the second resized window.

This should stick, it may be reset sometimes if a particular page is designed to be opened in a particular size.

If you're using IE7 or Firefox, why don't you use the tabs?
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

its simple just switch to firefox!
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

I had this problem for while too, in the end it seemed to rectify itself. Now I find that windows will revert to what ever "shape" the last window closed was...

-Handy as I browse at work in a tiny 4" x 4" window in the bottom left corner of the screen for "stealth"

Not sure if it was coincidence of not, but every now and again I do a bit of a Pc clean up, I deleted all history/cookies/forms and settins on internet explorer, and reset everything to default.. It worked after that....
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

Working...
                    X