Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a big one

http://www.dialmotorco.co.uk/GetDeal...=4349&pageid=1

Last edited by 24Seven; 13 January 2008, 15:55.
    I Love Wales

everytime that get's posted it (quite rightly) gets a proper slating

something to do with not going up and down kerbs for fear of the lift blocks snapping and the body falling off!!!
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Someone on the HPOC site used steel tube and threaded bar to do a bodylift, can remember how high the lift was, but was basically told by loads of people how dangerous it was.

Comment

You mean the 10" lift blocks I'm getting made will be no good. Dam!!!!!!!
        Brian

Comment

I knew it was rubbish when I posted it
          I Love Wales

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but are the lift blocks those little tubes on either side of the radiator?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
              Excuse my ignorance, but are the lift blocks those little tubes on either side of the radiator?
              yup
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                yup
                Crikey. I don't think I would get in that parked.

Comment

this might be a safer bet, still appears to have about a 4" bodylift if you go by the exhaust position. Hope it's been re-geared, even a 3 litre is gonna know it's wearing 37" tyres http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-TOYOTA-HI...ayphotohosting
                  =========
                  =SOLD UP!=
                  =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                    everytime that get's posted it (quite rightly) gets a proper slating

something to do with not going up and down kerbs for fear of the lift blocks snapping and the body falling off!!!
                    dumb noob question but why would they snap the lift blocks?

Comment

weeeelllll..........

take a knife, the sort you eat your dinner with,then bend it and keep bending it till it breaks,so you have a knife half the length of the original knife. now try breaking that half,and it would be appreciably harder,keep doing this till its impossible to break the knife any more.the moments of force around the point of breakage increase with the the shortening of the knife,and must therefore decrease with lengthening of the knife.now imagine that the knife is a body lift block,and you can see that as the block gets longer the amount of force required to break it gets appreciably smaller
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        weeeelllll..........

take a knife, the sort you eat your dinner with,then bend it and keep bending it till it breaks,so you have a knife half the length of the original knife. now try breaking that half,and it would be appreciably harder,keep doing this till its impossible to break the knife any more.the moments of force around the point of breakage increase with the the shortening of the knife,and must therefore decrease with lengthening of the knife.now imagine that the knife is a body lift block,and you can see that as the block gets longer the amount of force required to break it gets appreciably smaller
                        Ok I now have a knife thats broken in half, and blood all over the place, what do I do next?
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
                          dumb noob question but why would they snap the lift blocks?
                          How hard do you think it would be for a half ton of moving body shell to snap those spacers?

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
                            Ok I now have a knife thats broken in half, and blood all over the place, what do I do next?
                            call your health care proffesional charlie,and please remove all sharp objects from within easy reach !!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                              call your health care proffesional charlie,and please remove all sharp objects from within easy reach !!
                              done that, It's bleeding worse now.... should I put the knife back in??
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X