• Show
Clear All

Insomniacs!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Insomniacs!
      It's a disgrace.

Comment

To the tune of Lonnie Donnegans 'Does your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavour'

'Does your vinegar go down the plug hole on the engine overnight
        If it won't start the next morning will it give you a right fright
        If the glow plug still won't come out will you twist it left and right
        Does your vinegar go down the plug hole on the engine overnight?'

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Insomniacs!
          i like that tune

Originally posted by copycat
          To the tune of Lonnie Donnegans 'Does your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavour'

'Does your vinegar go down the plug hole on the engine overnight
          If it won't start the next morning will it give you a right fright
          If the glow plug still won't come out will you twist it left and right
          Does your vinegar go down the plug hole on the engine overnight?'
          hahaha
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Bi carb (not the bisexual engine part) is what you need, it fixes everything!
            http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

well the vinigar didnt work.
              and to top it off, i lost the wood screw in the engine bay when i tried to cork the plug...
              so when i was putting everything back together, i was just screwing on the little nuts i have now to go on top of the glow plugs since the rubbish plastic things broke, and i lost one of them as well..

the truck wasnt too hard to start without the plugs being heated either
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

hi if you end up drilling it out, remove the injector from that bore and fit a low pressure air line, then when you drill all the swarf should be pushed out, oh and were goggles.

Comment

another good idea!
                  but how or what do i use as a low pressure air line?
                  and is it the case of using either or? (meaning air line OR silicone) or should i use both?

and thanks btw
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

if you have acess to a compressor jam the airline in the injector hole, if you cant lower the pressure a pair of mole grips on the line to give you just enough, if you only have a tyre inflator, squit some oil in the bore, then turn the engine over by hand a couple of times this will give you a good seal around the rings, pop the line into the bore, also make sure the bores on the comp stroke so the valves are closed, good luck hope it works

Comment

Vinegar answer for sancho

Being of the older generation of engineers (over 60), Mechanical that is, one picks up tips along the way, such as using vinegar as it is mildly acidic and will eat away little pieces of rust and crap etc without damaging the engine.
                      Remenber you take vinegar is salad dressing and fish and chips and it does not kill you and it can do no harm to a piece of cast iron.
                      There are lots of tips that people seem to forget about and I am sure your gran has forgotten more than your mum remembers.
                      You DO NOT put vinegar IN the engine only round the siezed part or in this case pre heater tip.
                      No one would EVER advocate puting vinegar IN the engine unless the engine was out and the block stripped and you wanted to Pickle the internals prior to painting it inside as is done on LARGE engines.
                      If you want to chrome plate anything metal the plating works will pickle the parts before starting the plating process to ensure the metal is 100% clean.
                      They use various strong acids but given enough time vinegar would do the same if you had a few weeks to wait as it is so mild it would take for ever.

Hope this goes a little way to explain the vinegar thing.

REAGARDS.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by muller1
                        Being of the older generation of engineers (over 60), Mechanical that is, one picks up tips along the way, such as using vinegar as it is mildly acidic and will eat away little pieces of rust and crap etc without damaging the engine.
                        Remenber you take vinegar is salad dressing and fish and chips and it does not kill you and it can do no harm to a piece of cast iron.
                        There are lots of tips that people seem to forget about and I am sure your gran has forgotten more than your mum remembers.
                        You DO NOT put vinegar IN the engine only round the siezed part or in this case pre heater tip.
                        No one would EVER advocate puting vinegar IN the engine unless the engine was out and the block stripped and you wanted to Pickle the internals prior to painting it inside as is done on LARGE engines.
                        If you want to chrome plate anything metal the plating works will pickle the parts before starting the plating process to ensure the metal is 100% clean.
                        They use various strong acids but given enough time vinegar would do the same if you had a few weeks to wait as it is so mild it would take for ever.

Hope this goes a little way to explain the vinegar thing.

REAGARDS.

Mike
                        Thanks mike!
                        before i re-built my race engine, i had it ACID dipped to get all the grease, gunk and crud off the inside and outside. then when i got it back the outside of it was painted. i would have painted the inside as well but at the time i wasnt taught what that did, and it had never crossed my mind. my engine was only a 1.6, but since the cam was in the block and not the head - it had no direct oil feed. so as much oil in the sump as poss was important. i know nothing of marine engines but expect its the same?

thanks for all your PMs, Mike. Im very greatful.

cheers,
                        tony
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

got a compressor here tony
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                            got a compressor here tony
                            does this mean you want to help a brother
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

nah,

he just wants to reinflate your tyres tony !!
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                                does this mean you want to help a brother
                                if you need a hand yes
                                Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                                X