New Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Arrival

Took possesion of Surf yesterday - drove it back from Bristol to Edinburgh. Must on the whole very pleased. Three, hopefully minor, snags:

1) When signalling left the speedo leaps up and down with the indicator - for example when changing lanes on the M6 I appeared to be doing 60 then 40 then 60 then 40 etc. in rapid succession. I'm sure this is a bug and not a feature. Any suggestions as to what would fix this?
    2) Drivers door window seems to have a very slight seal problem at top right (from inside), i.e. there appears to be very slight draft and the road noise is higher than it should be. Would I get away with simply trying to pull the window further up?
    3) The headlights seem to be noticeably dim. Checked a few things out here and have spotted some threads discussing looms. Where would I get this for a 3rd gen (if it's not something else)?

During the SVA test prep they appear to have ripped out various bits and pieces including, I believe, a turbo timer. Not sure if anyone is looking for some obscure electrical part that might normally be expected to fall foul of VOSA but if so ask and I'll check to see if it's in the box of bits.

Was also going to check the fuel consumption for the trip - does anyone know the tank capacity on a 3rd gen?

Welcome another Scottish Surfer to add to the clan
    The lights are s hit as standard get new bulbs from
    http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=733&vid=976
    Last edited by yoshie; 12 January 2008, 15:12.
    Brian

Comment

Tank capacity I beleive is 70 litres or in real money 15 gallons.

Bogus
      Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by tavvi
        Took possesion of Surf yesterday - drove it back from Bristol to Edinburgh.
        You prob drove past mine on your way to Edinburgh

It's parked up on the grass at the last 24hr services before hitting the scottish border.

Comment

Working...
        X