yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For you knowledgable professional drivers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you knowledgable professional drivers...

When a bridge has a sign saying Weight limit 1.5 tonnes is that MGW? If so how do you calculate the MGW of a car and trailer, do you simply add the MGW of car and the MGW trailer and it must be less than 1.5 tonnes?

Cheers,

Dave

The trailer is on it's own axle(s) . So I wouldn't have thought it had any bearing on the weight of your car . Your Surf will weigh more than 1.5 t anyway.
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
      When a bridge has a sign saying Weight limit 1.5 tonnes is that MGW? If so how do you calculate the MGW of a car and trailer, do you simply add the MGW of car and the MGW trailer and it must be less than 1.5 tonnes?

Cheers,

Dave
      Hi
      the simple answer is yes

cheers mick

Comment

Alright Dave. Long time no see.

Just drive over the bridge!!! On my gritting run theres a bridge of 7.5 t. My lorry weighs more empty and i've usually got about 7t on the back!!!
        www.scottishmudclub.com for scottish events

Comment

Its simple The bridge will show the Gross weight of the trailer and vehicle together....however if it says Axle weight then you need to know the gross weight for each axle...If you get caught going over it could lead to a heafty fine...Just as being over weight for carrying goods can work out at upto £1000 per ton, then they also get for being over on an axle on top of what allready have accumulated...

If unsure goto the local weighbridge he will give you some good advice as to what you can and not carry.
          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
          X