Beware this sneaky little rule change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware this sneaky little rule change

Watch out for the new parking fine rules guys !!

In particular this orrible little bit
    They will also be able to issue a penalty even when a motorist has driven away before a ticket can be physically placed on their car.
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Originally posted by UDTrev

Morning Trev

Sounds like another 'get rich quick' scheme for the local councils..
    shame they don't run it on our housing estates then it might deter the anchor that parks outside my house with a loud stereo and big bore exhaust. I'm waiting for him to leave it there long enough and I'll fill the exhaust with expanding foam

Rant over

cheers
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Artful_dodger
      Morning Trev

Sounds like another 'get rich quick' scheme for the local councils..
      shame they don't run it on our housing estates then it might deter the anchor that parks outside my house with a loud stereo and big bore exhaust. I'm waiting for him to leave it there long enough and I'll fill the exhaust with expanding foam

Rant over

cheers
      Paul
      Morning Paul,

Can't you have a couple of mates visit while it's there ?

He aint gonna move it when there's a 4x4 2 inches from each bumper

Of course if they need jetwashing after being offroaded there might be some splatter onto the chavmobile

Comment

Mine leaves soot stuck solid over anything behind it on a cold start, especially if it's got a bit of water in the exhaust from jetwashing or something, wanna borrow it?
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

yeah, so whats going to stop a traffic warden if down on their figures for the period falsefying records by claiming to give a ticket to a valid person who they are claiming to have moved off !! or is it me be synical
          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
            yeah, so whats going to stop a traffic warden if down on their figures for the period falsefying records by claiming to give a ticket to a valid person who they are claiming to have moved off !! or is it me be synical
            I'm not going to call you cynical, because that's how I feel too, it's WIDE open to council corruption - yet another ###### tax on us

Comment

the person that was picking on us, i just tend to drive into him now with my truck.
              he took a picture of me whilst i was driving once and he was in front of me also.
              (so one hand on the handlebars and one hand with the camera)
              i hoped something would come of it, because he was driving without due care!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I can see quick release number plates coming into fashion

Seriously, is it illegal to remove your plates when you're parked up? (yes i know your reg no. is still on your tax disc but they gotta get that much closer to read it)
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279

Seriously, is it illegal to remove your plates when you're parked up? (yes i know your reg no. is still on your tax disc but they gotta get that much closer to read it)

If your truck looks anything like mine when its been off road you cant see the tax disc sometime you cant make out what make of car it is I love mud it hides so much
                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by nero279

i think you have to display plates. but not sure 100%

there is a firm in america who does a switchable frosted glass.
                    you place it over your numberplate and when its powered its completely clear. and when you switch it off it goes frosted. so if its half inch in front of your numberplate there is no way they can see whats underneath. promoted for car shows cos some people want to be private like that. it uses as much power as a few LEDs apparently. and would be great for speed cameras!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                      it uses as much power as a few LEDs apparently. and would be great for speed cameras!
                      ooh, back in the day - before i bought a surf that could have been a useful feature
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                        i think you have to display plates. but not sure 100%

there is a firm in america who does a switchable frosted glass.
                        you place it over your numberplate and when its powered its completely clear. and when you switch it off it goes frosted. so if its half inch in front of your numberplate there is no way they can see whats underneath. promoted for car shows cos some people want to be private like that. it uses as much power as a few LEDs apparently. and would be great for speed cameras!
                        It is an offence to deliberatly obscure, or not have on number plates of the front & rear or the vehicle, mud & dirt is a differant thing, They can only tell you to clean them.

It would be interesting to see if our council ever bothers, many times I have found card in halifax taking up 2 spaces because they can't be bothered to park correctly but our little hitlers cannot be bothered to ticket them, woe betide you if you park 30 seconds beyond your time though!!
                        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
                          It is an offence to deliberatly obscure, or not have on number plates of the front & rear or the vehicle, mud & dirt is a differant thing, They can only tell you to clean them.

It would be interesting to see if our council ever bothers, many times I have found card in halifax taking up 2 spaces because they can't be bothered to park correctly but our little hitlers cannot be bothered to ticket them, woe betide you if you park 30 seconds beyond your time though!!

dont come to Bolton then, the council are clamping down hard on all parking bays etc..
                          Gaz

Comment

Just dont park illegally! No problem!!
                            Trust your Hound.

Comment

spot on.. also, if you dont want a speeding fine, dont speed!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X