sound recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound recording

does anyone know what software i need to record stuff that is on an input of my pc to a mp3 file or something that i can then turn into an mp3 or whatnot..?

my flat mates a dj and we need to save some mixes. plus i have some 88-93 house mixtapes my mums friends did that will soon be worn out and i would like to get a digital copy of them before this happens.

cheers
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

gods knows but u have to send it to me when its done.............now lookin for my glow sticks.........aciiiiiiiiiiiii iiid we call it aciiiiiiiiiid lolol

Comment

ps i'll house,i'll house u,do it in my hut now

Comment

If you want to record sound to your pc then you can just use the line-in port and use the windows media recorder.

Its a bit fiddly but it won't cost anything, I recorded some guitar and keyboard in this way a couple of Years back, worked pretty well too

To convert it to mp3, CDex (google) is good, and free.

HTH

Chris
        Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

what sort of music are/were you into?
          these mix tapes are the nuts, my mums friends used to dj in ministry back when i was barely in primary school lol
          i can still remember now driving somewhere when my mum was playing raze and ce-ce penniston.
          the tapes i need to copy ive not heard before, but they are good. some of the mixing on one is a bit ropey in places

i like the funky house stuff they play now. but like anything from dance/trance to rock, to jungle/oldskool hardcore and some dnb.
          around proms-xmas time is when i would listen to classical and frank sinatra and things. im really not fussy
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
            what sort of music are/were you into?
            these mix tapes are the nuts, my mums friends used to dj in ministry back when i was barely in primary school lol
            i can still remember now driving somewhere when my mum was playing raze and ce-ce penniston.
            the tapes i need to copy ive not heard before, but they are good. some of the mixing on one is a bit ropey in places

i like the funky house stuff they play now. but like anything from dance/trance to rock, to jungle/oldskool hardcore and some dnb.
            around proms-xmas time is when i would listen to classical and frank sinatra and things. im really not fussy
            i need a copy and im 30 lol,was into house,acid etc,now i love rap and r n b!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
              i need a copy and im 30 lol,was into house,acid etc,now i love rap and r n b!
              oh i forgot about that. i used to be into eminem and dre when i was at school, but found there are so many other better rappers out there. especially from the 90s time
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

oh i forgot about that. i used to be into eminem and dre when i was at school, but found there are so many other better rappers out there. especially from the 90s time
                notorious big

Comment

Originally posted by corsetts
                  If you want to record sound to your pc then you can just use the line-in port and use the windows media recorder.

Its a bit fiddly but it won't cost anything, I recorded some guitar and keyboard in this way a couple of Years back, worked pretty well too

To convert it to mp3, CDex (google) is good, and free.

HTH

Chris
                  will this record in stereo? because its coming off vinyl it will have output for 4 speakers right? i dont want to loose too much quality going digital. if that makes sense
                  BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THAT DIGITAL QUALITY IS WORSE THAN ANALOGUE! i hope lol
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

found it, found it, found it!

heard this song a couple of days ago and been in me head since.
                    mates got the record and will make a mix of this type of music 1st probably if he can be bothered.
                    if i mix them it will be a right mess lol ive never managed to mix 1 tune yet!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

hello?
                      i need to record from the sound input on my sound card, into a sound file..
                      anyone??
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

hello?
                        i need to record from the sound input on my sound card, into a sound file..
                        anyone??
                        ? http://www.download.com/Audio-Record...html?tag=lst-1

Save you posting to your self all night!!

Comment

cheers mate! i must have downloaded tons of stuff already lol
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Cubase, Pro tools etc etc

Those are serious programs, Good quality stuff. simple as.

do a search for audacity - its free but fairly cr*p

check out these places - DONT get a cruddy free download... remember kids - piracy funds crime!

http://www.turnkey.co.uk/web/homeAct...patch=homePage

www.thomann.de

Comment

cheers!
                              but i got a problem now,
                              there is loads of static through the line in, and when we use the mic input the static is gone but the music is fuzzy. any ideas?
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X