Definite IOTW... Me :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definite IOTW... Me :(

I’ll admit it… I’m not sure why I did it… but on the way home this evening from a mates at about a but of muddy field tempted me, so I went for a quick detour… and promptly got stuck……

I know you should never go off road alone and even doubly daft at night… but for some reason, I still don’t know why I did….. –it just looked like slightly muddy grass…….

To cut a long story short I just got in… the truck is still in the mud and my girlfriend is very angry, What do people do in these situations??? Look for a friendly farmer??

I’m only about 10-20m off a road, and only about a truck length from drivable solidish mud…

Any ideas???

I’ll expect abuse!!!!

I hope my boss doesn't mind giving me emergengy holiday at zero notice!!
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

You could approach a local farmer but they might not be too happy if they think you were planning to go blatting around their fields at night. What recovery gear do you have? And how stuck is it? A shiny on road tyres that just can't get any grip is gonna be a much easier recovery than a kitted out mud plugger sunk to it's axles.

No good friends with 4x4s that would tolerate a phonecall at 2 am?

What's the haviest vehicle you've got access too (that's not stuck in a field)

If you've got enough straps to reach tarmac and it ain't too stuck a large non 4x4 vehicle (estate/van) may do the job, but don't tug hard with it coz the recovery points won't be up to much.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Good luck getting it out, in the meantime I'll cheer you up, I don't think this merits an IOTW nomination

On the other hand an IOTY nomination is perfectly acceptable
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Its a standard car with open diffs lol one side is to the axels, the other side is just spinning... I don't know anyone with a 4x4 bar you guys...

There are a few farmers though, I'll try them...I know a local farm has a unimog.... I don't know them at all... but I could hope that they are friendly!

I think a regular truck on muds and a winch could get me out.. I was thinking of uing a tow road with both ends on each front revovery point, to share the load...

What was I thinking?
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Oh and some pictures are a must..........
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Its utterly ####ing it down..... which is not going to help!!!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
              Its utterly ####ing it down..... which is not going to help!!!
              Are you still stuck and where ...I am in Marlow...there may be a slim chance that I could pop out at 10.30 if still needed..slim chance

Mark

Comment

Pictures are indeed essential. I think there should be 50 quid fine or banning from the forum for failure to put them up within 24 hours......

Who owns the field?

Comment

Mark. That would be awesome!

No idea who owns it, its not agricultural (too boggy lol) there was no signs saying keep out etc, its just some waste land.... I know it floods heavily every year if we have mega rain so its just wasteland...

At least I got the day off work... My boss thought it was hilarious

I think its pretty funny... the Mrs really doesn't... so was so mad she didn't even shout... always a bad sign!!!
                  Last edited by Karma Supra; 14 January 2008, 12:02.
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                    Mark. That would be awesome! It is in the field at Sonning Eye, just off the sonning road between the big roundabout and the spring lane exit...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/mm?hl=...9911&z=15&om=1

No idea who owns it, its not agricultural (too boggy lol) there was no signs saying keep out etc, its just some waste land.... I know it floods heavily every year if we have mega rain so its just wasteland...

At least I got the day off work... My boss thought it was hilarious

I think its pretty funny... the Mrs really doesn't... so was so mad she didn't even shout... always a bad sign!!!
                    Sorry mate that's the other side of Henley to me I may of been able to make it if you where stuck my side of Henley. Plus I back read the post and you need a truck with a winch and mud tyres, have neither. The best I could do for you is 7pm tonight but doubt that you want that. If you get no other help let me know (pm me) and I will help tonight.

Mark

Comment

No worries.. cheers fella!!!!
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

phone a recovery firm dude ,if all else fails,some do cater for 4x4 recovery(im not telling you why i know that )
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Let’s hope you left it in a decent neighbourhood and it’s not a vandalised burn-out wreck by the time you get back to it. Best of luck!

Oh and PS, you’re an idiot
                          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Right mate of mine whose parents own a farm is going to give me a hand after work... Hope he finishes early!!!
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

If you get stuck (pardon the pun ) then I can give you a hand this evening if thats any use.
                              May even be late afternoon, depending on work commitments.

I have no winch, or much off-road experience but do have mud tyres and a sense of humour .

Drop me a pm if you want and I'll send you my number if no-one else can help.

Cheers

Chris
                              Signature stolen along with Surf...

Comment

Working...
                              X