Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kumho KL71

Hi all,

After some 33" muds, would like to keep the price under £90 a tyre, so sadly Simex's are off the list
    The KL71 looks good, but in some adds the depth of tread looks a bit shallow
    Any body got these or seen them in the flesh, and can compare them to say a BFG mud? Lewis are doing them for £348 all in!
    Any others that may do? Need to suit a 15" rim and can be remoulds

Cheers Mark.....
    Let taste be the enemy of art!

Originally posted by MrE
    Hi all,

After some 33" muds, would like to keep the price under £90 a tyre, so sadly Simex's are off the list
    Any body got these or seen them in the flesh, and can compare them to say a BFG mud? Lewis are doing them for £348 all in!

Cheers Mark.....
    Hi Mr.E
    Roughtrax ate selling Kumho 33" X 12.5" X R15" for £73.95 or £86.89 with the vat.. I have Kumho's on my second surf and they've still got at least 12/15mm tread depth.

Cheers
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by MrE
      Hi all,

Cheers Mark.....
      BFG muds are better all round tyre, with nicer road manners especially for M/T, the KL71's have beefier sidewalls which give good traction on the side of ruts.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Call me mad.......i know alot of u will.....and i know they are better than they used to be........and i know all truck tyres are.......but id never ever ever use remoulds on my own car

Comment

id never ever ever use remoulds on my own car
          I know what you mean, but there's remolds and there's retreads. And you can add Rally cars, Touring cars, and Aero planes to your list!

Paul, Cheers for the info, what are they like on the sloppy stuff, as there be going on my new trailer and maybe make an appearance on my Surf.

Tony, Would you say BFG's are £30 a tyre better? IYHO (sorry to put you on the spot )

Mark.....
          Let taste be the enemy of art!

Comment

Originally posted by MrE
            I know what you mean, but there's remolds and there's retreads. And you can add Rally cars, Touring cars, and Aero planes to your list!

Paul, Cheers for the info, what are they like on the sloppy stuff, as there be going on my new trailer and maybe make an appearance on my Surf.

Tony, Would you say BFG's are £30 a tyre better? IYHO (sorry to put you on the spot )

Mark.....
            fair enough mate,each to their own and all that!just seen to many accidents,look at my volvo post,he was on remoulds

Comment

mate I have the KL71's and was pleased with the tread depth when they arrived as they didnt look like much on the pics. i love the tyre for the money
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

keep forgetting they wouldn't be going on the zook
                coz i was gonna say i'm not sure the zook would be heavy enough to make them work.

Truly and honestly if the LC is going to be used in the main for trialling, i'm not sure the kumhos are the right tyre especially since seeing alkham in the wet.

If you wanna try before you buy i have a set of part worn 31x10.50x15 KL71's on 8 spokes on mine at the moment (2 are getting on for pretty well worn now though, the other 2 still got a good amount of tread) i could probably let you borrow for chartham at the end of the month. I've got a set of road tyres i can stick on or put the old girl on stands for a weekend if she's still off the road anyway. PM me, you might have to pick them up the day before or something if i'm still off the road though.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Originally posted by MrE

Mark.....
                  It kinda depends, if you putting lots of road miles on the truck and using it around town as well I'd say go with the BFG's.

If you have another daily driver, and this is a toy, the Kumho's are probably a better bet, apart from being cheaper as well. I imagine the kumhos are noiser than the BFG's.

I've not personally had to live the Kumho's, so don't know how they wear long term, I have some normaly Kumho M/T's that are still OK after 3 years on the 4Runner, but BFG's have always been a reliable tyres in my experiance and we alway pay the extra if you need a A/T.
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

BFG A/t's every time , i cannnot fault mine and they have done a wales trip and ladies day on the plain as well as my daily drive ..........My next set of muds will be khumo's , but thats a advantage of running two sets of wheels
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I wish I had muds right now
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                        Don't worry mate, thet'd only be burried in a field somewhere! Pmsl at your off road antics, got it sorted yet?
                        http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                          You will need wellies though

Oh and trev's put you on the list on matt's site
                          http://forums.bauchan.org/toyota/vie...pid=8127#p8127
                          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

is 'balloon tyre' a propper term?
                            im trying to find a tyre thatbulges out at the sidwall a bit.
                            anyone know of this tyre that is all terrain.. i cant go for muds as im mainly a road person
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                              BFG A/t's every time , i cannnot fault mine and they have done a wales trip and ladies day on the plain as well as my daily drive ..........My next set of muds will be khumo's , but thats a advantage of running two sets of wheels
                              but you get stuck
                              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Working...
                              X