little bit of advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little bit of advice needed please

Have just blocked of the EGR (easy really) and wondered if there has been any problems with anybodys truck by doing it. Just a bit nervy as i had my head replaced about a year ago, will see tomorrow if the smoke reduces, as it got a bit embarassing.
    secondly i need a set of tyres, i want to change my yokohama geolanders, they seem to wear rather quickly?? whats the best affordable tyre around, i only do offroading 3 or 4 times a year.

did my egr mod ages ago,all seems fine, no smoke ,more mpg, more torque, i think most people have had positive results

Comment

just being a bit cautious as the truck goes really well, just smokes a bit on load

Comment

Originally posted by Nkerridge
        just being a bit cautious as the truck goes really well, just smokes a bit on load
        caused by big right foot???
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

If the head's gonna go, it'll go with or without the egr mod, ask Tonyn, it happened to him just after he done one of his, but believes it was not a contributing factor, i agree, Mine went without the egr mod done, so it did it when i had the new head fitted.
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

when i had my mk3 i blocked the egr pipe off with a ball bearing and when i was turning the engine off the engine used to vibrate badly until it was completely stopped ! so i removed the ball bearing and the vibration went away so i left it alone !

Comment

Working...
            X