• Show
Clear All

• emigrating?

locations of choice:
    Canada
    USA (around texas, arkansas etc area)
    Australia
    in that order

how would someone like me go about emigrating to say usa? would i have to have a degree or something like that? or would it be as simple as going through the process of getting a work permit, working and then putting in for permenant residence?
    just some food for thought for later on... .. (tomorrow!... kidding )
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

how nice is this.. front aint low enough though!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

needs to be in da weeds boy!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
        needs to be in da weeds boy!
        im sorry ?
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Well, Any and all of the above would be awesome choices... Id put New Zealand on the list too... work mate of mines just gone over there, As long as you can speak and write decent english they will welcome you with open arms!!

I know that ze USA had a website with a list of all the 'qualifying' Jobs to get in. The list was HUUUGE an included such things as 'house wife' and im pretty damn sure an IT bloke would score high on there chart.

There was details on how to apply for it all on that website (where ever it may be) I think it was a turn up with prove you are/do what you say you are/do then you get your forms to fill out etc etc.... Or something.

I dont think it was a majour headache to work out

An do it, go on.... #### off

Comment

That pickup is ok... Not one id personally choose.

If i had the wonga an was in the USA id have a monster dodge ram as a random 'take it out when the mood gets me' truck

a 4th gen 4Runner just cuz i would.

an a Camaro SS ..... shexy

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
              That pickup is ok... Not one id personally choose.

If i had the wonga an was in the USA id have a monster dodge ram as a random 'take it out when the mood gets me' truck

a 4th gen 4Runner just cuz i would.

an a Camaro SS ..... shexy
              camero super sports are wicked!

ok i will look on ze website!
              my work is putting me through cisco training to finish what i started so may be i can use that
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                camero super sports are wicked!

ok i will look on ze website!
                my work is putting me through cisco training to finish what i started so may be i can use that
                Cisco training is one of those limited to a handful of people a year courses isnt it?

From the little i know about the IT world... I know that cisco trained people are normally bl**dy good at there jobs!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                  Cisco training is one of those limited to a handful of people a year courses isnt it?

From the little i know about the IT world... I know that cisco trained people are normally bl**dy good at there jobs!

Normally.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                    Normally.
                    didnt he do the thong song???lololol

Comment

I may be giving clues to my age here , but who else remembers the Cisco Kid

Heres your new avatar Tony

Bogus
                      Attached Files
                      Сви можемо

Comment

sorry alex,cannot remeber the cisco kid,therefore cannot offer any moral support.

if you are that old ,do you remeber when this was all trees ??
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Metaphorically speaking I suppose I can, but you dont have to very old to remember that, I can remember when only rich people had cars, when hardly anybody had phones and those that did, had numbers like Upper Wallop 397. When people had things called party lines ( telephone )which meant they shared a line with next door. I dont however remember when boys were put up chimneys. eeeee Obadiah, we were lucky, neighbours used to sleep in a paper bag at the bottom of a septic tank

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

USA is f difficult to get into and full of idiots. Hard to get through the door in the first place and hard to get any kind of residency, even with a job offer.

Commonwealth countries are pretty easy. As long as you're under 29, Australia will let you in for a year with full working rights, pensions etc. The downside is that you can only work for three months for any one employer. When I were a lad, and all this were trees, I did that, worked for someone for 3 months, they liked me, sponsored me to stay (for 4 years, renewable at the end of four years) and I stayed on for a few years and had a right old laugh. Once you've been there and been employed for few years, you can apply for residency. New Zealand is similar, but the maximum age is 30 and you get to stay for 2 years before you need sponsorship. I don't know how Canada works but I know people who have gone over there. I imagine there is actually something similar in the US, but they won't be keen for you to stay after the given period.

Basically, prior to 30, the world is your oyster. After 30, you're screwed unless there is someone there that really wants to give you a job. A young buck like you, you should be packing up your bags and trying them all out.

Comment

bogus your funny

sancho, thanks for your advice mate. looks like ive got less than 7 years to get off my back side. i dont want to be stuck here.. ive been thinking, almost everywhere you can go there is booze, women, a roof, cars / trucks and green lanes, provided you have money and a job.
                              for this cisco training though, my work might get me into a contract where i cant leave for so ever many years. must try to not let that happen..
                              thanks again
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X