F***ing traffic wardens..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F***ing traffic wardens..

In november last year i stopped half on a bus stop to drop my mate off from work, whilst taking his stuff out of the boot a council traffic warden pulled up in front of my car on a chav ped and started punching the details into his little machine, at ths point i was unaware he was there. I only noticed when i saw the flash of his camera. So i went up to him and explained that i was dropping off someone, the engine was still running, he replied it was too late as he was already issueing the ticket. (jumped up little TW@T) so i got in and drove off.
    Is the ticket still valid even though he didn't actually print and hand the ticket to me or stick it on my car?
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Originally posted by Antshiel
    In november last year i stopped half on a bus stop to drop my mate off from work, whilst taking his stuff out of the boot a council traffic warden pulled up in front of my car on a chav ped and started punching the details into his little machine, at ths point i was unaware he was there. I only noticed when i saw the flash of his camera. So i went up to him and explained that i was dropping off someone, the engine was still running, he replied it was too late as he was already issueing the ticket. (jumped up little TW@T) so i got in and drove off.
    Is the ticket still valid even though he didn't actually print and hand the ticket to me or stick it on my car?
    I would have thought (yes I can think) that the bean counters of the Council would have contacted you by now if you were liable.
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
      I would have thought (yes I can think) that the bean counters of the Council would have contacted you by now if you were liable.
      They have, but they haven't sent a copy of the illeged ticket, just a "notice to owner" to pay them £60!

Comment

They have, but they haven't sent a copy of the illeged ticket, just a "notice to owner" to pay them £60!
        Then put your persistent head on and hit the appeals procedure.

As advised here

Trev
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

do they have a photo of the "alleged " offence,if not you can do one of two things

pay up like a good citizen or,

do as gwh would do and laugh at them till you puke all over the desk you are seated at!!

but seriously ask them for photographic evidence. if they have none suggest that their wardens take some extra training in using their equipment !!
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Politely challenge it....lots of letters.... (now if you were say ..had to make an emergency stop because a dog ran out and you were checking the vehicle etc)

You can try the polite but lots of letters approach challenging it giving various reasons...sometimes councils can't be arsed with the paperwork and they will drop it... but then again they may not...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

M8, theres a carpark down here, and we parked there one time, out of season. We went down onto the beach, when we got back, there was a parking ticket on the screen. BUT, the time on the ticket was a time when we were actually about twenty metres away from the surf playing with the dog in a huge puddle. So i stuck the ticket in the glovebox. About 7 months l8tr, got a letter through from council or some zhit saying i have to pay the sisxty quid ticket and a one hundred and sixty quid fine for not paying it yet. Needless to say, i binned the letter. I still aint heard from them.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST
                M8, theres a carpark down here, and we parked there one time, out of season. We went down onto the beach, when we got back, there was a parking ticket on the screen. BUT, the time on the ticket was a time when we were actually about twenty metres away from the surf playing with the dog in a huge puddle. So i stuck the ticket in the glovebox. About 7 months l8tr, got a letter through from council or some zhit saying i have to pay the sisxty quid ticket and a one hundred and sixty quid fine for not paying it yet. Needless to say, i binned the letter. I still aint heard from them.
                Be carefull beast, you see these programmes where they come to your address and clamp your truck and then ask for even more cash to release it and the original fine!! Maybe even tow it away, bet they rarely just forget otherwise we would all do it.

Dean K
                "Master you anger, before anger is your master!!"

Comment

I dont want to do anything that drastic, i think i'll send them my thoughts on the matter and see where it goes. I was only there for less than 1 min and he didn't even tell me to move. I just think it's unfair to start writing a ticket before he gets off his bike.

Comment

I parked in Bath a couple of years back to deliver some documents. Bought what looked like a glorified scratch card from a shop - scratched the appropriate boxes and posted it in my windscreen.

I had missed one little box so some jumped up little t**t posted his ticket. Ah, the power, eh?

I challenged it and three letters later they sent an apology - result.
                    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                      I parked in Bath a couple of years back to deliver some documents. Bought what looked like a glorified scratch card from a shop - scratched the appropriate boxes and posted it in my windscreen.

I had missed one little box so some jumped up little t**t posted his ticket. Ah, the power, eh?

I challenged it and three letters later they sent an apology - result.
                      I haven't even been issued with a parking ticket yet and they want £60!!!

Comment

That really sounds like they are not following due process.

Challenge commences!
                        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

well its up to them to prove you were there dude !!

no ticket no evidence of a parking infringement.i got a ticket a few years ago and the local parking nazis eventually said they would impound my car,if i didnt pay up.when i pointed out that no ticket that i had, acknowledged or otherwise was in existence and, if i had to communicate with them again i would start charging them 25 quid a letter i never heard from them again
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

So does that mean i need to ask for a copy of the ticket then or just appeal anyway?

Comment

So does that mean i need to ask for a copy of the ticket then or just appeal anyway?
                              let me spell this out in the plainest language possible

if there ith no ticket there ith no evidenth,thefaw the potthibillity of prothecuthion ith practically thero

git it dude !!!

if i said to you antshiel you owe me 60 quid but i have no evidence would you pay up ??

ask for a copy of the ticket and photo graphic evidence and if ther is none tell em to go boil their collective heads
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X