Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky dial at 50mph?

Hi everyone,

My dial has started stick at 50mph, whether on the way up or on the way down. Could it be anything to do with the cold and moisture? I have to tap the dash a few times to get it to jump down or up to correct speed. Any thoughts?

Also, is £2500 a reasonable price for a K reg ssr-g? Some on autotrader (lesser models and a bit older) are about that much, but some are down at £1500-£1600! Hell of a range in price!

Originally posted by veccy
    Hi everyone,

My dial has started stick at 50mph, whether on the way up or on the way down. Could it be anything to do with the cold and moisture? I have to tap the dash a few times to get it to jump down or up to correct speed. Any thoughts?

Also, is £2500 a reasonable price for a K reg ssr-g? Some on autotrader (lesser models and a bit older) are about that much, but some are down at £1500-£1600! Hell of a range in price!

Mine did that when I bought it - the needle wasn't pushed on all the way an was catchin the glass (plastic).
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by veccy
      Hi everyone,

No ..thats is your max speed... she is flat out...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
        No ..thats is your max speed... she is flat out...

Must be a 2.4 then eh (b4 anyoe else posts it)
        How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
          Mine did that when I bought it - the needle wasn't pushed on all the way an was catchin the glass (plastic).

Same thing happens when the needle is pushed on too much, it catches on the speedo face, especially if it has had a stick on replacement.

Comment

i dont think you have to worry about that too much. the weather could well have stuck it up bit, see what happens when its a tad warmer. not to hard to fix if it was stuck though.

as for price, i think its quite fair, your in the middle of a price range...not a bad place to be. depends on condition i think. lot of private sellers may show lack of ocnfidence in the price they choose, and dealers ride on reputation, and peoples belief in them. I got mine on a private, i think dealers overcharge, but a private sale too cheap may be suspicous. i sound a bit cynical dont i!!!

Comment

Working...
            X