Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/talktalk/s...TalkTalk_brand
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

dont need phone aswell sorry didnt put that bit down

Comment

is that adsl?
        if you have cable, then virgin do coax into the house and fibre optic in the street. this means if you have the 2mb option then your guaranteed to get 2mb all day and night unless there is a true fault. this is good for voip.
        im new to adsl so im finding out for myself just now.

but the way i see it is, if its cheap with little or no download limit and its 2mb or more its good enough. cheap i mean £6 - £15.

unless your downloading all night and having a high usage all day long browsing, playing online games etc then 40gb download limit should be plenty. but i would still be careful when you rank the downloads using a torrent client - wouldnt go more than 8gb per week and leave the rest for the other stuff you need the net for
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

WOW! looks like im going with talk talk!
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

hey welcome to wales we still get everything using a cable.(bt that is )
            got a wireless router and thats plugged in to the phone line.

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper
              hey welcome to wales we still get everything using a cable.(bt that is )
              got a wireless router and thats plugged in to the phone line.
              through a phone line is called ADSL.
              if you go to the talk talk site, you put in your bt phone number and post code and they can tell you there and then if they are capable of supplying you.

cable connection is like what goes into the back of your telewest / virgin tv box. its coaxial and quite high quality...
              but the phone lines must have been improved to get up to 16mb these days. when i was at college a few years ago we were taught that it wasnt possible to have broadband through the phone line because it didnt have enough bandwidth - this is obviously rubbish now
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                WOW! looks like im going with talk talk!
                You can knock off a fiver for the international bit if you don't have a german lodger, and the Broadband will be free when they have done something complicated involving the network.. apparently...(It's all greek to me.. )
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

As above but...there are two systems in the uk..

Cable (Coax cable) and ADSL (telephone line)

Virgin (NTL) own the cable system, in a recent engineering publication they claimed they could offer 100Mbits to 99% uk with no difficulty..

ADSL... no matter who you sign with BT/talk talk/who ever..... its all carried by BT equipment these other companies just lease the line (equipment) of BT using BT exchanges.. so the performance from each company on a stated package will be the same. Its all BT equipment folks......

Back in the day Baby

Comment

i think with ADSL it's the distance you are from the telephone exchange that can limit the speed.
                    I'm on Virgin cable 4mb and it's fine, no limits either. £25 a month, not cheap but I'm downloading loads. and run an ethernet connected desktop and 2 wireless enabled computers at the same time.
                    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
                    X