Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hampshire TRO's

Hi Folks,

Some of you may be aware that HCC have recently imposed Temporary TROs on 10 BOATs in the County:

http://www.hants.gov.uk/decisions/de...108122152.html

http://www.hants.gov.uk/decisions/de...108122201.html

I am not convinced that they have followed their own policy guidance in the process but, more seriously, they have stated their intention to make all but one of these permanent.

I believe that here is little that we can do about the temporary TROs but we can fight to prevent them becoming permanent. For your information I have provided the text of the letter that I have sent to HCC below.

Can all of the recipients of this email who are involved with the running of clubs in Hampshire please let me know your approximate membership. I would like to find out how many responsible users there are out there - my guess is that it is between 500 and 1,000. We have about 140 members in the Wessex Hillrunners and some 35 Green Lane Association members in the County. I know that there may be some overlap of membership between clubs/organisations but I don't think that this will be that significant.

Oh, by the way, Happy New Year!

Patrick

Motorised Users Representative on the HCAF
    Hampshire Area Rep for GLASS
    Wessex Hillrunners Rights of Way Officer
    How many people here use/have used these greenlanes? Need to supply some numbers to help the cause.

Ta.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

That'll be us for a start then !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

and me if it helps
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Been around some of the lanes early part of 2007 with Mudhog. There's some good tracks.
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

never been but might want to go sometime.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Some of the Kent Offroad Club boys are planning a trip to some lanes west of Petersfield at the moment, don't know if they're the ones?
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

we did a bit of laning down alton way and pretty much got chased by the police for 2 hours.... so went home.

people don't realise that they'll just become overgrown footpaths.
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                we did a bit of laning down alton way and pretty much got chased by the police for 2 hours.... so went home.

people don't realise that they'll just become overgrown footpaths.
                got away then!
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I'm sure I use them.
                  I Love Wales

Comment

One for or maybe from the anti 4x4 brigade!!!: veryangry Hope it's not the thin end of the wedge!!!!

Cheers, Nick
                    "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
                      Hope it's not the thin end of the wedge!!!!

Cheers, Nick
                      It has been for ages, less lanes mean more use of what left, what left now gets more damaged, damaged lanes get a TRO. Once the temp order is on, its easier to perminatly close then.

To many people using them screws the up, not enough people using them means you don't get a say in their future.

One person acting a ### gives them all the ammo they need.

I sadly predict in another 10 years, the only places left to go offroad will be pay sites. The Ramblers and people living near the byways have far more sway with the councils than people using them.

Comment

Just tell me who to winge at ...eg a winging link and i shall do so
                        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Hampshire County Council

Executive Member - Recreation and Heritage Item 2

15 November 2007

Proposal to apply for a number of Traffic Regulation Orders to restrict

access and use by Motor Vehicles to specified Public Rights of Way

Report of the Director of Recreation and Heritage

Don't go burning any bridges, stupid emails will only get their backs up!!
                          Best to go through the GLASS rep.
                          Dunno if he's the clerk, or the person behind the motion.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                            Hampshire County Council

Executive Member - Recreation and Heritage Item 2

15 November 2007

Proposal to apply for a number of Traffic Regulation Orders to restrict

access and use by Motor Vehicles to specified Public Rights of Way

Report of the Director of Recreation and Heritage

AND empty you INBOX
                            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                              AND empty you INBOX
                              oh yeah..

and note my edit to my previous post before you do anything drastic!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X