Rear door trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear door trim

My rear window is slowing down, I have read the threads on cleaning and greasing the internals and runners etc, but how do I remove the trim to access this lot?
    I can see no screws or poppers, and working on my old VWs has given me the fear for pulling and hoping!

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Dog
    Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

The clips are pretty good on the tailgate carpet, just pull the carpet up carefully, using a flat something near the clips.

Can be done with fingers if careful, I pop one corner up, then gently pull fingers along the edge, easing out the clips as you get to them.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony,
      Only one other question, can I raise the window with the tailgate down, so as to access the motor etc?

Thanks,
      Dog
      Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog
        Thanks Tony,
        Only one other question, can I raise the window with the tailgate down, so as to access the motor etc?

Thanks,
        Dog
        Yup! you need to snap the locks shut on either side of the tailgate with a screwdriver, to fool the window into thinking the tailgate is shut, then it will work fine.

If you have it more than 1/2 way out, make sure someone supports the window, or you'll be visiting the parts wanted section

All the gubbings are on top of the glass when its down, so not normally a problem.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Buy a can of Silicone lubricant spray.
          spray down all of the glass channels, wiping out any dirt that has collected.

then spray again

Do the same on all windows.

Empty the can as it will do no harm if you let it evaporate.

If you still have to strip the linings to get to the workings just grease with spray grease.

ok.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            The clips are pretty good on the tailgate carpet, just pull the carpet up carefully, using a flat something near the clips.
            Tonys KwikFit training proving worthwhile

Originally posted by TonyN
            then gently pull fingers along the edge
            I gave up on the fingers and pulled the carpet

Comment

Working...
            X