No announcement yet.

CB antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is the swr where the signal from the radio bounces up and down the arial length at 27mhz?
    i want to get a cb but looks like im going to have to teach myself about them first
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      how comes i never see you in big tsco??

(i'm usually hanging in the toys section, eating donuts!)
      Tesco in Aldershot? Is that the one that the Travel Inn backs on to or is that ASDA? Stayed in that travel Inn many a time - what a dump!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
        is the swr where the signal from the radio bounces up and down the arial length at 27mhz?
        i want to get a cb but looks like im going to have to teach myself about them first
        Kind of. A 'standing wave'.

With high enough power transmitters (thousands of watts) you can melt an antenna with a bad enough mismatch. We've got a biconical antenna in work with steel elements, and putting 2.5KW through at the wrong frequency caused it to go blue in places!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
          Tesco in Aldershot? Is that the one that the Travel Inn backs on to or is that ASDA? Stayed in that travel Inn many a time - what a dump!
          thats the one. that happens to be the finest dining and hotel in aldershot right there!!!
          i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

best bet is just get it, install it, if you gonna install it in the dash spend a £10 on an aerial patch lead and cheap SWR meter. Or jerry rig it before you put it in properly and get someone with a meter just to check the SWR before you use it, then check it every now and then, particularly if the aerial has taken a heavy knock.

Have a read through the advice and installation sections on communications eleven (4x4cb.com) http://www.4x4cb.com/public/page.cfm?Page=594 and all will become clear(er)
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Working...
            X