veg oil update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veg oil update

ok, everywhere i go to get the 49p per litre 1 litre bottles is gone. either they sell out right away or they dont do them no more.

next best thing were the 10 litres and 15 litres boxed bottles, and in some cases the 15 litres metal tins. works out to be 77ppl max, and some of the boxed bottles will see you about 56p per litre.
    but price has been varying each week. i see a £2 price increase on the boxed bottles within one week.

sainsbury last night had the last 5x 1 litrebottles of 54p bottles left. - i snapped them up on the purley way
    its now starting to get too expensive to run the truck even on Veg!
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

there is firm down my way offerin biodiesel for a quid a litre?

Comment

77ppl for veg oil is still better than £1.08l for desiel so still saving 31ppl using vegoil.I'll carry on using it till its gets to the same as desiel
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

which wont be long richard just went to get some from tescos at roborugh and its up to 81ppl or 77ppl for the gm stuff! it went from 56ppl to that in the space of two weeks!
        it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
          77ppl for veg oil is still better than £1.08l for desiel so still saving 31ppl using vegoil.I'll carry on using it till its gets to the same as desiel
          Not if it causes leaks in the fuel pump and clogs up your filters….. surely a reliable truck is far more important this time of year than trying to save a few pennies filling your tank with something that Surfs where not designed to run on….

But hey’ what do I know….. I’m using petrol
          Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
            Not if it causes leaks in the fuel pump and clogs up your filters….. surely a reliable truck is far more important this time of year than trying to save a few pennies filling your tank with something that Surfs where not designed to run on….

i see what your saying,but as long as my truck runs ok on veg i will continue to use it i should of said also.I know the cost comes into it but like you say its down to the truck also
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Makro have KTC veg oil on offer, 70ppl for a 20L drum...

I just bought 120L while I can afford it... its a long time between pay days lol
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

under the advice of another member, i wack about 1 litre of white spirit per 15 or 20 litres of veg in along with £5 or £10 worth of derv, and ive had no leaky pumps.
                i even start on 3 glow plugs with no hasstle!

soon as it gets to the same price as derv then there is not much point using it for cost purposes. you would still be helping the evironment though
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce

That'll be in April then!

Comment

Originally posted by PDR

I'll admit there have been a couple of problems with people running on Veg but nothing that would form a good arguement against its use.

the savings might only be pennies but it adds up per tank an then looking at the savings made by using a veg oil blend outweigh the idea of not bothering.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                      I'll admit there have been a couple of problems with people running on Veg but nothing that would form a good arguement against its use.

the savings might only be pennies but it adds up per tank an then looking at the savings made by using a veg oil blend outweigh the idea of not bothering.
                      Hear hear...I save £15/£20 per tank depending on mix

Comment

im paying about 70ppl at the mo which is madness! when I started using veg it cost me about £7 for 20litres.
                        Local Biodiesel is 96ppl which I might try when I run out of veg as Ive never tried it but im serioulsy considering converting to WVO now diesel is so expensive!
                        Tim
                        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

breakdowntruck2,
                          is that magpie your refering to?
                          www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

Biodiesel for sale in Rochdale, Manchester for 81ppl