Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN
    Its a sore subject!!

Linda wants it gone, a bloke down the road wants to swap it for a Caterham 7 once its all fixed but I've not had time yet.

I was supposed to be doing it over xmas, once finished the last of the jobs for others, but still seem to be doing work for peoples trucks that are here!!!

Everyone please stop ringing me, I have trouble saying no to Surfs in trouble and try and squeese them in, then get in trouble with the boss cos we havn't started on the house extension, or finished the horse lorry, or got shot of all the project trucks that I've started!!!!

I could help you with some stock clearance - do you have any bars that will fit a 2nd gen??? Would like some for the 2 door....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

at Logey

You know Tony's right you fool!

Move weight upwards by any means and you raise the centre of gravity (or CoG for those in the know)

As he says, a body lift on standard suspension isn't as good an idea as a proper suspension lift first.

Dont let my criticism stop you buying stickers though
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I did`nt get my bodylift to make the truck more stable. If I wanted that I would have got lowering springs!
        I did the BL to stop bashing the side-steps, front bumper, wheel-arches and towbar when off-roading. It also allows me to fit bigger tyres and gives a fair degree of air-flow around the gearbox and you can get to brake-lines and sensors easier. Oh, and it`s easier for maintenance and servicing (eg. access in engine compartment) and you could always tuck your fuel-tank and other stuff higher to make a flat-belly! Abit better wading capability too.
        So lots of off-road advantages but not many on-road ones part from looks.

ps- Hammeriting the chassis is a doddle and you will find it much, much easier to fit rock-sliders.
        Last edited by chrisinflight; 3 January 2008, 21:04.
        Powered by Toyota!

Comment

The best thing about a body lift is it make getting the gearbox out sooo much easier!!

Originally posted by chrisinflight
          I did`nt get my bodylift to make the truck more stable. If I wanted that I would have got lowering springs!
          I did the BL to stop bashing the side-steps, front bumper, wheel-arches and towbar when off-roading. It also allows me to fit bigger tyres and gives a fair degree of air-flow around the gearbox and you can get to brake-lines and sensors easier. Oh, and it`s easier for maintenance and servicing (eg. access in engine compartment) and you could always tuck your fuel-tank and other stuff higher to make a flat-belly! Abit better wading capability too.
          So lots of off-road advantages but not many on-road ones part from looks.

ps- Hammeriting the chassis is a doddle and you will find it much, much easier to fit rock-sliders.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

TONY, does that mean you'll be allowed to sell me that truck that Linda wouldn't let you sell me??
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
              It needs a bit of massaging, the rubbers bunch up against the sides of the hole in the floor, I normally bend or cut and reweld the levers a little, and cut out the hole in the floor a bit more.
              If you turn the lower rubber gaiter upside down, and move all the rubbers backwards 1/2" it helps.
              Tony

Tried to PM you but your in box is full

Comment

Hey Andy, hows things? if your wantin a hand with the lift gis a shout. I had great success with my 2nd gen and did it on my own too!
                http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                  Hey Andy, hows things? if your wantin a hand with the lift gis a shout. I had great success with my 2nd gen and did it on my own too!
                  Hi Mate, things looking up a bit at moment.

Might take you up on that offer of help, as after seeing yours the other week, i think need to start feeding my truck a few steroids as it looked undersized compared with yours.

Am looking at the ES9000 F&R shocks and +2" rear springs from roughtrax along with tweaking the torsion bars to go with the BL

Comment

No probs give us a bell when you're ready

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
                      Which is the bolt to adjust the torsion bars - is it the one thats about midway of the underneath?

Sorry if this is a daft question
                      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
                        Which is the bolt to adjust the torsion bars - is it the one thats about midway of the underneath?

Sorry if this is a daft question
                        Not at all:
                        http://toyota.off-road.com/toyota/ar....jsp?id=398514
                        All you need to know:
                        http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/torsion_bars/

Comment

How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                            what length bolts do I need for 1.5" body lift on my 2.4. I know I already have the lift but at least 3 bolts have snapped :P
                            I don't know whether 2.4 is the same as 3.0, but for my 2" lift the front 1 and 2 fixings use bolts from 4 and 5 that were already on the truck. Fixing 3 needed 140mm bolts, 4 and 5 used 160mm bolts (180mm bolts fit for 4 and 5 but too much thread shows on 4 for my liking )

Those should work on 1.5" lift but you'll have more thread showing (I don't think 180mm will work on 1.5" as hex head bolts have only 32mm thread IIRC).
                            Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
                              I don't know whether 2.4 is the same as 3.0, but for my 2" lift the front 1 and 2 fixings use bolts from 4 and 5 that were already on the truck. Fixing 3 needed 140mm bolts, 4 and 5 used 160mm bolts (180mm bolts fit for 4 and 5 but too much thread shows on 4 for my liking )

Those should work on 1.5" lift but you'll have more thread showing (I don't think 180mm will work on 1.5" as hex head bolts have only 32mm thread IIRC).
                              yeah I reused a couple too. thanks for th rest.
                              Tim
                              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                              X