ebay body lift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay body lift kit

hi, i found this body lift kit on ebay ,would it fit my 1994 3ltr diesel 4runner ?
    how much do you think a garage would charge to fit it for me ?
    heres the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SURF-3-...ayphotohosting

Get one from tonyn as those dont have bumper lift or rad drop brackets. Fit it yourself its a doddle
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

the 3.0l don't need rad drop brackets as the rad cap iis on the radiator and not in the same place as the 2.4.But go with Tonyn or jotto for the kit tho
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

how much does he sell them for ?
        i emailed him a few days ago but havn't had a reply as yet.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
          the 3.0l don't need rad drop brackets as the rad cap iis on the radiator and not in the same place as the 2.4.But go with Tonyn or jotto for the kit tho
          Only if you don't have a rad shroud, you still need the rad drop brackets if you want to keep the lower fan shroud.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2
            how much does he sell them for ?
            i emailed him a few days ago but havn't had a reply as yet.
            me? oops.

2" or 1 1/2" B/L kits are £85.

Comment

Best part of £100 delivered mate, but its a far superior kit, and you get a bit of aftersales help too.
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Only if you don't have a rad shroud, you still need the rad drop brackets if you want to keep the lower fan shroud.
                oh yea only if you dont want the lower rad shroud on

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce
                  oh yea only if you dont want the lower rad shroud on
                  I have my shroud on! In my case, the shroud was pushed up and caught the fan blades slightly and the edge of the shroud shaved off about 5mm of the plastic blades. So you can keep your shroud if you shave the tip of your fan-blades!

whoops if this about a 2 inch lift as I`m on about the milners 1.5"!
                  Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    2" or 1 1/2" B/L kits are £85.
                    Tony are there any mods need doing to gear lever on manual version to fit this kit? to a 3.0L if not i'd be interested in one

Comment

[quote=chrisinflight]I have my shroud on! In my case, the shroud was pushed up and caught the fan blades slightly and the edge of the shroud shaved off about 5mm of the plastic blades. So you can keep your shroud if you shave the tip of your fan-blades!

whoops if this about a 2 inch lift as I`m on about the milners 1.5"![/quote]

yea i got the 2" b/lift and left the lower shroud off but i don't know about the 1.5" b/lift

Comment

Or if you have access to basic engineering facilities (any lathe will do) you could make your own lift kit.

You can leave the lower fan shroud off- never bothered putting mine back on- that was three or four years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewC
                          Tony are there any mods need doing to gear lever on manual version to fit this kit? to a 3.0L if not i'd be interested in one
                          It needs a bit of massaging, the rubbers bunch up against the sides of the hole in the floor, I normally bend or cut and reweld the levers a little, and cut out the hole in the floor a bit more.
                          If you turn the lower rubber gaiter upside down, and move all the rubbers backwards 1/2" it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99

You can leave the lower fan shroud off- never bothered putting mine back on- that was three or four years ago!
                            I've seen plenty of trucks without the lower shroud on, they seem OK, i'd probably be more worried on a 2.4 and optimising the cooling system, plus there is more shroud missing on the 2.4's if you leave it off, but Linda's 3.0 dosn't have a lower shroud, and it's fine and I left the rad alone doing our 1 1/2" body lift.

Comment

Or you can do what i did wiv my low 4 lever and get a grinder on it, get a nice piece cut away, then stand back throw water in to put out the fire on your carpet, then test run
                              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
                              X