Work lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work lights

Just fitted a couple to my roof tray. Fitted them on nylon spacers so they can be swivelled reasonably easily.

When you have a vinyl cutter, you tend to go a bit mad

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

i saw that room on a lionel ritchie video once!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQDXs75Ulo
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

looks good andy!!! how much was the roofrack looks cool with those lights on there m8.

Comment

Think it was about £140 from Direct 4x4. Arrives like a huge meccano set and takes an evening to put together, but what the hey!

The front looks like this...

Comment

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

...and I turned the nylon mounts myself!

Need to work out a mounting system now. Dont want to use roof bars so thinking of aluminium blocks bolted to the roof through plates inside the roof, and tapped for M10 or M12 in the top, so I can remove it.

What do you reckon?

Comment

looks good m8 . will you keep it on truck or take it off when offroading? i know you got the lights on but wasnt sure if you would take it off when offroading.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                ...and I turned the nylon mounts myself!

Need to work out a mounting system now. Dont want to use roof bars so thinking of aluminium blocks bolted to the roof through plates inside the roof, and tapped for M10 or M12 in the top, so I can remove it.

What do you reckon?
                sounds just like the way i would do it.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

so you would have to put some sort of electric block there to connect the lights to?

Comment

Probably leave it on the truck. Just take it off if I know I've gotta get into an airport carpark!

I already have a weatherproof gland through the roof with cables for the spots, but need to do another one at the back for the work lights.

I'll probably replace the gland with some sort of mil-spec connector I think as it'll be a nicer solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                      Probably leave it on the truck. Just take it off if I know I've gotta get into an airport carpark!

I already have a weatherproof gland through the roof with cables for the spots, but need to do another one at the back for the work lights.

I'll probably replace the gland with some sort of mil-spec connector I think as it'll be a nicer solution.
                      and you should have plenty of those lying around
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Not anymore Mark, I'll have to buy them - or get an ex-colleague to nick em for me

Comment

Working...
                        X