X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da SLUG man
    maybe has some ducting??

hmmm.... is that like a duckdoo??

Ha, haven't seen that one in ages, must admit it still brought a smile to my face!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

How much Lift did that one have to clear 35s Tony????

Are all teh Prados/collarados intercoled then ina scoopless manner? if so sourcinga factory fit cooler may be a little easier... - I'll check EPC.
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
        Hi Tony,

Yeah, I noticed the cooler, was wondering why there's no bonnet scoop, although never have seen a scoop on the Colorado/Prado.
        Some of the Pajaros have a double skined bonnet, and it gets air from around the front grill, channeled through the bonet to the cooler. Can't speak for the LC as not ever seen an I/C'ed Prado, but could be the same idea.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
          Assuming it had all been done properly, as it is now.....
          Yeah, the wheels and tyres along are worth £1k plus, if they are 33's or bigger. Plus what is a nice truck anyway.

Take a couple of inches out of the B/L, fit a 60mm TJM suspension lift, lose the bash plate, lose the side steps and fit a decent front bumper. Bingo, very capable 3.0TD Intercooled Toyota truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
            How much Lift did that one have to clear 35s Tony????

Are all teh Prados/collarados intercoled then ina scoopless manner? if so sourcinga factory fit cooler may be a little easier... - I'll check EPC.
            It was about 2 years ago now, if I remember right, it had at 3" B/L, and Rancho shocks and springs, that could have been 40 or 60mm lift.

The tyres still rubbed on full lock, but not that badly, mostly if the front wheel was under compression. They where 35x11.5x15 Simex Centipedes, so quite narrow. Normal 35x12.5's or wider would have rubbed more.

33's would have been a better tyre and cleared fine.

Comment

Your path looks a lot cleaner in that pic Tony

Looks nice. The bumper and roof tray make all the difference looks wise. It looks incredibly like the one I've seen on eBay loads of times... big lifted 3rd gen with roof tray and TJM bumper but in pale blue. It was only £5.5k a few months back, from a dealer with a warranty. Never sold, wonder why?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

and it's a 4 speed auto not 5 speed
                I Love Wales

Comment

This truck lives about 1/2 a mile from me dont know how long he's had it but it's only been parked outside his house since end of summer.

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven
                    and it's a 4 speed auto not 5 speed
                    getting picky!

(it's 3sp+OD)
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

When we had the big wales run at the end of October, 24Seven was running 11.5'' tyres.

They looked as cool as a cool thing covered in cool stuff!

My next mud tyres will be 11.5's, not the 12.5's I run at the mo!
                      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                        When we had the big wales run at the end of October, 24Seven was running 11.5'' tyres.

They looked as cool as a cool thing covered in cool stuff!

My next mud tyres will be 11.5's, not the 12.5's I run at the mo!

They are 255/85/16 BFG M/T's which makes them 33.3 O/D

It is a rare size though, only BFG M/T's or Copper ST are available as far as I know in the UK.

Copper ST's are really really expensive in that size and have a low speed rating, so you are left with only the BFG M/T's which may not be a bad thing.
                        I Love Wales

Comment

Working...
                        X