silly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silly question

I'am gonna regrett sayin this but has anyone tried snow chain for offroading as a cheap alternative to mud tyres?
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

yes, i don't know who, i don't know why, or what vehicle they used, but needless to say - it didn't work, or at least the disadvantages outweighed the advantages. Hence the reason snow chains are still called snow chains and not mud chains.

In all seriousness though, i know a guy who drives a knackered old astra round his fields with chains fitted on the front wheels and i've only heard of him getting stuck on one or two occasions, but then the fields are generally in pretty good condition.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

ow well guess i will have to save up then
      www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        yes, i don't know who, i don't know why, or what vehicle they used, but needless to say - it didn't work, or at least the disadvantages outweighed the advantages. Hence the reason snow chains are still called snow chains and not mud chains.

In all seriousness though, i know a guy who drives a knackered old astra round his fields with chains fitted on the front wheels and i've only heard of him getting stuck on one or two occasions, but then the fields are generally in pretty good condition.

Thats 'cos it's an Astra, nothing to do with mud or chains. Except if chains were used to lift it into a big hole in the ground and cover it with mud.

Comment

Astra's are amazing - they rescue your little troop when most needed - like a fairy god astra lol
          Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Snow chains would work fine but you need to go very very slowly or they will ruin everything.

Comment

Working...
            X