twin choke weber.mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twin choke weber.mod

ok got round to fitting the weber today on the 1st gen,myself and vagrant had purchased a kit from america,but later found out when it had arrived,it was the wrong one.so me being me set to work and came up with my own version.i think it went quite well.rik if you go to do yours,you will need to grind a slot in the back of the 1st adaptor plate to allow for the protrusion on the exhaust manifold heat shield.and cut the two longer bolts down by at least half their original length.i must say it has a marked improvement over throttle response and power,but my engine is fubared and i need a new one,its chucking out burnt oil.worn rings.so without further a do heres the pics.

rik note the cut out for the exhaust manifold

www.overfab.uk

Stick the rover v8 in then .......BTW i just run out of credit on the moble , thats why i got cut off
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Looks good Mark. Was the throttle a prob to link up ? And did you fit the breather plate or pipe in there aswell ?
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
        Looks good Mark. Was the throttle a prob to link up ? And did you fit the breather plate or pipe in there aswell ?
        hi rik no i havnt fitted the breather.it vents to atmosphere.the linkage was a different story you need to cut the linkage off of the old carb and re weld it back on the weber linkage to make it work.
        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
        X