X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch! Sorry to hear its gone wrong again mate

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      The seal? I guess your crank bearings are knackered too then.
      I hope not ....the engine appears ok apart from that .....What other symptoms should i look for?
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
        I hope not ....the engine appears ok apart from that .....What other symptoms should i look for?

It may not be the crank seal, have a proper look when you remove the timing belt cover.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          It may not be the crank seal, have a proper look when you remove the timing belt cover.
          Will do ......i start taking it apart tomorrow
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

bump for trev
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Just a general question - who survived without problems this xmas (lining up the victims for next year)?
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

not me !!!!

have come awayto centerparcs for the week.got to services on m11 to find atf dribbling out all over the exhaust,hoping its not shaft seal and its just a pipe/pipe union been knocked or come loose.it does appear to be coming from the right hand/offside of the box.will top up with atf tomorrow and wash it off when i get home and try to find the leak
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I replaced the inner and outer (off side) front bearings this morning - and I've still got that awful rumble coming from the front - aarrgh.

And there is now an intermittent noise coming from the back - sounds like a cage full of mice being tortured - and the prop shaft was fully greased before and after The Plain. Whats that then???????????
                  Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                    I replaced the inner and outer (off side) front bearings this morning - and I've still got that awful rumble coming from the front - aarrgh.

And there is now an intermittent noise coming from the back - sounds like a cage full of mice being tortured - and the prop shaft was fully greased before and after The Plain. Whats that then???????????
                    Well the obvious candidates are

UJ joint died
                    Possibly water in Diff
                    Rear wheel bearing
                    Problems with rear brakes
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                      Well the obvious candidates are

UJ joint died
                      Possibly water in Diff
                      Rear wheel bearing
                      Problems with rear brakes

UJ feels fine - but who can tell?

Fitted diff breathers a while back and they are both still in place, intact. I'll drain a little oil out of the diff and see what it looks like. The whole truck has has a hard and very wet year (October Strata anyone?)

Rear wheel bearing = mega

Rear brakes - stripped and cleaned when I took my muds tyres off after The Plain.

Comment

all i did was grease every where,and re your suggestion andrew,attempt to look in the shock boots,but they were clear.its just this leaking atf fluid prob (all up the back of the truck)
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                          all i did was grease every where,and re your suggestion andrew,attempt to look in the shock boots,but they were clear.its just this leaking atf fluid prob (all up the back of the truck)
                          ATF at the back of the truck - unusual. Mine was leaking so I had the tray off the tranny in the summer. I had to drop the exhaust at the back, and loosen (but not disconnect) the exhaust near the manifold.

I couldn't get the tray off otherwise.

Give it all a good clean, clean the filter, reassemble with lovely new sealant. Hasn't leaked at all since.

EDIT - Just thought - apparently (never seen it) there is a breather on the top of the autobox. Maybe thats leaking and ATF is running along the tranny tunnel????????

Comment

by up the back i mean that the leakis dripping down all over the exhaust and hitting the road and flying up the back of the truck,it seems quite a severe leak!!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovely Boyo
                              The whole truck has has a hard and very wet year (October Strata anyone?)
                              It was drier in the rivers than it was on our camp that bl00dy night!!!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X