Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headers

As some of you know, I have the occasional day dream about how to make my V6 go faster (other than waiting for it to blow up and putting something else in there). Having got a bigger exhaust, someone has in the past suggested headers which would help airflow through the engine, reduce hotspots in there and also stop it being so unbearably hot in the cabin (imagine a 2.4td times about 4 for the unitiated).

Anyway, the big problem was that the main makes (Downey etc) are made for the American market so are back to front as far as we're concerned and foul various things (I think).

Yesterday, my brain had its annual thought and I recalled that there is another country that loves unneccessarily big engines and making them go faster, and drives on the left - our colonial brothers in Straya.

Five minutes later, I found this. They do them for 3VZ and 2L engines.

Any thoughts anyone?

i think US cars have the engine in the same way!... usually if they're made in rhd and lhd, the components will be bi-sexual.

i know the 3rd gen diesel has the exhaust on the same side for both US and JDM.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      i think US cars have the engine in the same way
      Sorry, yeah, I imagine the engines are in the same way . I was thinking more of steering components.

I thought it was worth posting up in case any of the 2.4 boys are looking for that last 10% of performance anyway.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
        .............................. ...
        I thought it was worth posting up in case any of the 2.4 boys are looking for that last 10% of performance anyway.....

Nah, gave up on that idea!

Comment

Working...
        X