Non surf- DVD /freeview recorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non surf- DVD /freeview recorders

been lookign ta getting one of those freeview plus hard disk recorders that allow the pausing of live tv but wanted one with an actual DVD palyer inbulit so I can get rid of existing DVD player. Anyone had anyexperience of these. I had almost setelled on a Sony RDR_HXD970 but from reading on some fourms it appears that it cant pause live tv. i think the choic is a freeview recorder or a DVD recorder but you cant get a sinlge unit that does both. Anyone using such devices and got any advice or feedback? thanks

Bought this for my parents for Christmas

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...Brecorders.htm

They are in their 70's and have no problem using it. I've seen it working and must admit for the price I was very impressed.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Got a panasonic dmr-ex75 myself and it does the lot

Comment

does it allow you to payuse and rewind live TV and record one channel and watch another-this could be waht im after

Comment

v+

Comment

Originally posted by fergus
            does it allow you to payuse and rewind live TV and record one channel and watch another-this could be waht im after
            It can play dvd vcd svcd jpeg cd and probably a few other formats. It has a built in sd card reader and a 160 gb hdd. It has freeveiw and terrestrial tuners and can pause/rewind live tv. You can transfer films from hdd to dvd and vise versa. It can up-scale tv to HD 1080i to improve picture quality.
            HOWEVER its only downfall is you cannot record and watch two tv programmes at the same time [although you can record tv whilst watching dvd or hdd].
            Hope this helps...

Comment

One of the best makes that you can buy and also rate very highly is the Topfield PVR...You do pay for what you get
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
              X