Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting stuff!

Yamazaki malt whisky.

Leans more towards an Irish flavour, bit like Bushmills. Kind of fruity, citrus flavour. Smooth though, and good with ice. A little OTT with no ice, unlike a good malt Scotch, but a nice drink all the same!

tried Manx whisky once too. Water clear and ridiculously fierce. Like drinking paint thinners!

Tried Thai whisky once in a Vietnamese restaurant in Adelaide. The place was deserted and me and a colleague were the only ones in there. The owner, a Vietnamese with a row of symbols tattoed up his wrist brought the bottle, and sat down with us, pouring a round of shots every time we finished the last. The tattoo was something to do with the war, but he wasn't too keen to talk about it. I figure he was Vietcong. Interesting man to talk to though. The whisky was firewater, but it seemed offensive to not drink with him

Oh yeah... chinese whisky... Got a photo somewhere. The bottle contained a snake

Anyone else got any other whisky recommendations, based partially at least on weirdness?
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

I got a bottle of finest Stolichnaya Russian Vodka. Remember only vodka from Russia is Genuine Russian Vodka. Bit Pirated on it, truth to tell...
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Easy there tiger!

My niece gave me a bottle of double matured 1/4 cask Laphroaig yesterday - looks like its gonna be a nice one - 48% yikes.
      Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Had some Chinese whiskey once, with a lizard in the bottle, it looked too big to come out of the neck due to the body being bloated/swollen with the alchohol ( the drunken conversation was going along these lines) I said it wouldn't come out, and somebody else said it would, and the bet was on.

I said "if you can get that lizard out of the bottle without breaking it ( the bottle) I'll eat the reptile"

Suffice to say that was the first and last time I ever ate lizard, or ever made a drunken bet!

Oh, BTW the whiskey was also "firewater"
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Hi Rob. Hope you had a good Christmas mate!

Oh, so they do it with lizards too then!

The one I had was called Cobra Whisky because, yes, you guessed it, there's a Cobra in the bottle! Never mess with the Chinese, they's mad as a sack of Badgers!

Hey Andy, you'd best not drink that Scotch mate. Doesn't sound right. Bring it up here and I'll check it for you first.
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
            Hi Rob. Hope you had a good Christmas mate!

Oh, so they do it with lizards too then!

The one I had was called Cobra Whisky because, yes, you guessed it, there's a Cobra in the bottle! Never mess with the Chinese, they's mad as a sack of Badgers!

Hey Andy, you'd best not drink that Scotch mate. Doesn't sound right. Bring it up here and I'll check it for you first.
            Hi Andy, quiet xmas, I think the chinese use it to get rid of there vermin, probably do a rat brandy, sqirrell sherry too, or maybe it counts as a packed lunch for the farm workers out there
            Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
              Hi Andy, quiet xmas, I think the chinese use it to get rid of there vermin, probably do a rat brandy, sqirrell sherry too, or maybe it counts as a packed lunch for the farm workers out there
              You are NOT making me into a sherry
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

these whiskeys with snakes or lizzards in them, are the animals dead? or are they looking back at you or what.

i suppose they are dead once they been in there a while, do they go in live then?
                what do they actually do in there? whats supposed to happen?
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

They probably go in alive, if the Chinese could find a way of being cruel to vegetables they would do it.

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Hi, I got a bottle of Monkey's Shoulder whisky, no, it's not got a monkey's shoulder in it but it tastes delicious. It's a blend of 3 Speyside malts. It got it's name from when the men would shovel the grain to make the malt.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                      Had some Chinese whiskey once, with a lizard in the bottle, it looked too big to come out of the neck due to the body being bloated/swollen with the alchohol ( the drunken conversation was going along these lines) I said it wouldn't come out, and somebody else said it would, and the bet was on.

I said "if you can get that lizard out of the bottle without breaking it ( the bottle) I'll eat the reptile"

Suffice to say that was the first and last time I ever ate lizard, or ever made a drunken bet!

Oh, BTW the whiskey was also "firewater"
                      My son brought a bottle back from far east with a small cobra (snake) in it, no one's had the nut's to drink any yet, it could have had a poo in there, sort of involantry last minuit release of bodily functions
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                      X