pc's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plumb bob
    Hi mate, you can save all your photo's on a dongle ( small USB plug in device about the same size as a AA battery) would cost less than £30, or you could use something like Picassa or photobucket or Flicker to save all your pics on line ( on another server) and that's free, you just have to join.

I do all of the above, and put them onto cd/dvd too, just in case.

With the sales on, you could probably get a whole new tower unit, including DVD writers etc for under £200, and just re-use you exsisting monitor and keyboard and mouse.
    i dont have that kind of money m8 so was thinking of building one up bit by bit

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
      i dont have that kind of money m8 so was thinking of building one up bit by bit
      Aye, I know what you mean, you could try here;http://www.maplin.co.uk/Sub_Category...u=-3&DOY=26m12

But none of it works out cheap by the time you've put it all together.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

all you will need to get going is motherboard, cpu and ram, providing that you have a graphics card and its not on board. how do you connect to tinternet?

your looking at £40 for a half decent motherboard, <£60 for cpu
        and depending on the motherboard depends on the ram. should be at least ddr2 these days, preferably ddr3.. im still on ddr1 and ive got ram coming out me ears. so i can give it away

once all thats up, you will probably need to do a fresh install of windows. but you could try turning it on and see how far it loads. usually it would just blue screen as it tries to load the old motherboard and cant
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Can anyone tell me any places that sell just the tower part cheap?!? I dont want a pathetic one.

We've got a new company starting up in a few days an im head C.A.D guy amongst other things an it would be nice to have something that wont die on me every two minutes like our other PC!

An if anyones interested - Autocad is a TOTAL pain in the a$$

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            Can anyone tell me any places that sell just the tower part cheap?!? I dont want a pathetic one.

We've got a new company starting up in a few days an im head C.A.D guy amongst other things an it would be nice to have something that wont die on me every two minutes like our other PC!

yer i know.
            and i thought you were flash with your two screens. just wait until you see what the stockbrokers have. they might aswell all have servers. 3, 4, 6 or more screens, quad core pc's with 4gb ram... stupid or what.

acer do cheap towers. i paid £220 a few years ago for a celeron. quiet as anything! could leave it on while you sleep its so quiet.

just try ebuyer.com
            but for cad you will need a decent one, dual core is preferred with dual screen output.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach

Have a look at Dell, they'll surprise you!
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Right, cheers guys!

time to check out some websites.

Its awesome, Because its all VAT registered we can claim it back... things look sooo much cheaper without VAT!

Comment

rod try pc doctor in the bargare they do everything and anything pc. i got one built to the top specs a year ago for £500. they do all towers

Comment

New boards run on different voltages for P4 CPU, Also AGP for Video cards has changed.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

It can be a mine field!!! You could try www.novatech.co.uk

Cheers, Nick
                      "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

Working...
                      X