Another dopey question............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dopey question............

Sorry but they'll be loads of these coming up.................

The warning light on the dash which reads "Back Door," what is that actually picking up on?
    Mine keeps flickering on over bumps and a rear interior light keeps coming on with it but I can't find any micro switches that would detect if the glass or the tailgate are closed, whats actually firing the sensor?

Cheers

Chris
    Signature stolen along with Surf...

Rear slung spare?

I had to adjust where the carrier sits when I put my new (33") spare on as the light was flickering.

Originally posted by corsetts

The warning light on the dash which reads "Back Door," what is that actually picking up on?
    Mine keeps flickering on over bumps and a rear interior light keeps coming on with it but I can't find any micro switches that would detect if the glass or the tailgate are closed, whats actually firing the sensor?

Cheers

Chris
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by corsetts

Cheers

Chris

It'll be the tailgate, the sensors are fitted to the latches inside the tailgate. just slam it shut.
      Could also be the spare wheel carrier, (I haven't got one so can't confim) in any case give the latches a good spraying with WD40.

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciated

So the senors work on the latches themselves?

I did lube them all last week, I'll see if I missed something.

cheers

Chris

Comment

call me mad but,mine is connected to the interior door lock pin,up=light on,down=light off

Comment

Thanks for that, BDT2.

It seems to be linked to the latches on mine, I gave it a slam and it didn't happen again despite nearly launching the truck skywards a couple of times this evening !!!

cheers

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
              call me mad but,mine is connected to the interior door lock pin,up=light on,down=light off
              mine aint!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Mine is too
                it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                X