Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Hit and run' fatality!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/2007122...dba1618_2.html

I hope the van driver gets what he deserves!

The reality is though, he'll probably get a couple of points and a fine.

just round the corner from me. what a nob head for even managing to hit someone on the hard shoulder. that stretch of road is about 6 lanes wide i think

Emergency services were obstructed by motorists who had abandoned their vehicles on the hard shoulder and began walking towards Gatwick Airport with their suitcases.
    imagine this! like zombies i bet,
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
      just round the corner from me. what a nob head for even managing to hit someone on the hard shoulder. that stretch of road is about 6 lanes wide i think

imagine this! like zombies i bet,

I hope their registrations were noted and heavy fines issued to them!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        I hope their registrations were noted and heavy fines issued to them!
        road was probably chocka. if they had a plain to catch what would you do?
        i wouldnt want to leave me truck on the motorway though.... tough one
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Well it's gonna cost them whatever they do, but I suppose an impounded vehicle fine will be cheaper than a weeks holiday abroad.

But If a loved one of yours was stuck in their car, wether it was involved in an accident or not, and it couldn't be reached by the emergency servises 'cos of all the idiots that abandoned their cars on the hard shoulder, would you be glad they caught their flights?
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 26 December 2007, 03:22.

Comment

Well it's gonna cost them whatever they do, but I suppose an impounded vehicle fine will be cheaper than a weeks holiday abroad.

But If a loved one of yours was stuck in their car, weather it was involved in an accident or not, and it couldn't be reached by the emergency servises 'cos of all the idiots that abandoned their cars on the hard shoulder, would you be glad they caught their flights?
            i hear ya point. its the same as people parking in stupid places down roads where fire trucks and ambulances cant squeeze through
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

It's a single law and it's simple. Hard shoulders are for emergencies only. There is no question of what one would do in the circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF
                It's a single law and it's simple. Hard shoulders are for emergencies only. There is no question of what one would do in the circumstances.
                chill winston!
                seriously though, your not wrong. i can imagine what it would be like if all lanes were blocked including the hard shoulder.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

chill winston!
                  seriously though, your not wrong. i can imagine what it would be like if all lanes were blocked including the hard shoulder.
                  It wont make any difference soon, cos the tommy tankers that run this country have decided that rather than adding extra lanes to the motorways, the hard shoulders will be used as extra lanes - unbelieveable 'aint it!!! BTW I think someone from Brighton has been arrested for the hit and run,

Cheers, Nick
                  "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

But If a loved one of yours was stuck in their car, wether it was involved in an accident or not, and it couldn't be reached by the emergency servises 'cos of all the idiots that abandoned their cars on the hard shoulder, would you be glad they caught their flights?
                    u reckon?lololol
                    ps an atego is a truck!that must have hurt,must have been 5ish friday,cause a23 was empty!

Comment

Given that the police gave out the reg number rather than just go get him, Could it be that the van was running on cloned details? Now who would be using fake plates on a van...
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

its not a van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

BBC news says a breakdown truck was attending at the time - one of yours Breakdown ?
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                            its not a van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Possibly not, but I still reckon it was a pikey wagon...(anyway the link said Van... )
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick V
                              It wont make any difference soon, cos the tommy tankers that run this country have decided that rather than adding extra lanes to the motorways, the hard shoulders will be used as extra lanes - unbelieveable 'aint it!!!
                              Cheers, Nick
                              i read about this... saves our tax payers money, but when people break down what are they going to do? move into the 3rd lane?
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X