Diesel Tank (Merry Christmas ALL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Tank (Merry Christmas ALL)

on a 3.0L auto how many litres does the tank hold from empty (bone dry)
    as i want to work out mpg and other stuff, thanks all n merry christmas

Originally posted by SurfingNow
    on a 3.0L auto how many litres does the tank hold from empty (bone dry)
    as i want to work out mpg and other stuff, thanks all n merry christmas
    Merry xmas

I think it's around 65 litres

You will find it easier to work out by filling it at the pumps, running it for a while on the same tank then refilling it to the same level.

To gauge it better fill from the same pump too, although there is no substitute for keeping a tally over a period of time/distance

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Don't forget there will still be at least 5 litres in the tank when the low fuel light comes on.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Don't forget there will still be at least 5 litres in the tank when the low fuel light comes on.
        What is one of those then???? I've never seen mine as I always refill to the brim each time I get down to between ¼ - ½ (generally refill @ the ½ tank mark).
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
          What is one of those then???? I've never seen mine as I always refill to the brim each time I get down to between ¼ - ½ (generally refill @ the ½ tank mark).
          only coz it's a v6 an there's a few areas of the country left with more than 5 miles between petrol stations
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
            only coz it's a v6 an there's a few areas of the country left with more than 5 miles between petrol stations

Good point!!

Comment

Originally posted by PDR
              Hi your light does work it did when l owned the vehicle, Merry Xmas.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
                Hi your light does work it did when l owned the vehicle, Merry Xmas.
                Thanks Bob that is good to know…..

The Surf is running great and has proven to be very reliable. I intend to keep this for a good few years yet (even if I end up buying a city run-a-round as a second car) as it is great for lugging all my rifles and shooting gear to the range.

I always like to have penalty of fuel as there is nothing worse than driving on just petrol fumes, especially this time of year when the Surf is the only way I can get to work on Christmas day and Boxing day…….

Anyhow, I’ve finished work now so I’m going to town to see if I can bag anything in the sales…

Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Working...
                X