Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Software Upgrade

All.

I will be closing the forum for approximately 1 hour tomorrow lunchtime to perform an upgrade to the latest version of the vBulletin Software that runs this forum. It seems that lunchtime is the least busy time on here so that is when I will perform the upgrade.

You will see some additional functionality on the new version however I have performed the upgrade on an offline test version to test the layout and you will find that there will be little change in the actual look and feel of the forum software.

This upgrade is in preparation for moving the forum to a new dedicated managed server with far greater capacity and hopefully more speed and reliability.

Cheers

lazy git!... get out of bed at 4am and do it!!... but knowing this ;lot, that'll be the busiest time!....

any chance of toning down the background? i have trouble reading some text... especially red!

cheers dude!

(joking about the lazy bit!)
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
      lazy git!... get out of bed at 4am and do it!!... but knowing this ;lot, that'll be the busiest time!....

any chance of toning down the background? i have trouble reading some text... especially red!

cheers dude!

(joking about the lazy bit!)
      See what you think when It's changed, colors come up a bit different.

Cheers
      Andy

And yes I think 4am is probably the busiest time. Strange that lunchtime is quiet, obviously work time is when people want to skive off, lunchtime is for lunch, not trawling the web.

Cheers

Comment

No PC by mill, lathe, or on the forktruck or out in the van, so 7:30-14:00 is the best time.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
          ....any chance of toning down the background? i have trouble reading some text... especially red!....

Ditto, I have to select and highlight it before I can read it.
          Mind you, being Red/Green color-blind doesn't help
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

can we have the knowsley pics in the gallery please
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

[SIZE=3][FONT=verdana][COLOR=darkorange]The chickens are stealing my sanity[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Comment

Typical... what time do I log on??? 12:30!!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

14 on line... guess this is the one lunchtime the forum has people on it... isnt that typical???
                  Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    14 on line... guess this is the one lunchtime the forum has people on it... isnt that typical???
                    It's going down in 10 minutes. 1.00pm, up in less than an hour hopefully.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      It's going down in 10 minutes. 1.00pm, up in less than an hour hopefully.

Cheers
                      Thats something you don't here often in my house .

Rick (very rude)
                      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

It's Back up again. Probably need a bit more customisation but seems to be working OK.

Any comments gratefully received.

Cheers

Comment

ooooooooohhhh the colours are a bit sharp
                          the bit where you first log on & it says welcome and thankyou for logging on needs to be darker its flourescent and bad to see.
                          also no margins at the side of the pages. profile colours are too bright eg send wotsit a pm or email
                          no pm, email or profile box below each members reply
                          Last edited by marky; 10 March 2004, 15:06.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                            ooooooooohhhh the colours are a bit sharp
                            the bit where you first log on & it says welcome and thankyou for logging on needs to be darker its flourescent and bad to see.
                            also no margins at the side of the pages. profile colours are too bright eg send wotsit a pm or email
                            no pm, email or profile box below each members reply
                            The colors in the user profile areas are very hard for me to read, white on pale blu backround I think. There's not enough contrast, same when posting a message, at the bottom of the screen in the post icons box.
                            Maurice

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
                              The colors in the user profile areas are very hard for me to read, white on pale blu backround I think. There's not enough contrast, same when posting a message, at the bottom of the screen in the post icons box.
                              WOW, how quick was that !!!!!

Thanks Andy, perfectly clear and easy to read now, brilliant
                              Maurice

Comment

Working...
                              X