Snatch Blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snatch Blocks

i have been looking at winches, hand and electric and have come across the term snatch blocks, which appear to give a greater winching capability.
    Is this true, can anyone explain to me what a snatch block is.....
    Thanks.
    CM
    2 Tone Mud Master!
    http://www.sunsetsurf.co.uk

Originally posted by carbonman
    i have been looking at winches, hand and electric and have come across the term snatch blocks, which appear to give a greater winching capability.
    Is this true, can anyone explain to me what a snatch block is.....
    Thanks.
    CM
    I may be on the wrong track but when I was at sea a snatch block was one that had a hinged side plate so you could drop a cable in without having to thread it. i.e. strop round a tree, winch cable (hook won't feed through an ordinary block) dropped into the block and hooked to something else or back to the car or a towing car traveling in another direction.

Did that make sense?

Phil.

Comment

Yep. Not only did it make sense but it was accurate too. A rare combination
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
        Yep. Not only did it make sense but it was accurate too. A rare combination
        hehe, thats funny!

They halve the effort to pull, but half the line speed as well.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

snatch blocks

I was also at sea and found that snatch blocks are not as strong as conventional ones and can sometimes 'spring' open and release the wire, but are easier to use.

Comment

i've never been at sea... and i didn't have a clue what it was!... so there's a loto to be said for them there sea farers!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
            X