Wheel Wobble Finally Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Wobble Finally Fixed!

Must have picked the coldest day of the year to get off my ar5e and do as Vince and co suggested ages ago. Swapped the front wheels with the back ones took the truck for a run and 'Hey Presto' only the very slightest hint of a wobble (although that could be the road surface)! Pretty good considering the rear wheels weren't even balanced.

So off to the local tyre company tomorrow to have the replacement front wheels balanced and that should be that. I can only assume that one of the original front wheels was slightly buckled or something was amiss with a tyre?

Anyhoo, I'm now one happy chappy as I also fitted my roof light bar while I was freezing my ass off rotating wheels.

Oh and before anyone points out that most people can fit an engine, gearbox and full suspension and body lift in the time it took me to rotate 4 alloys I'd just like to say in my defence that I'm a lazy barsteward who doesn't like the cold!

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

i had a bit of wheel wobble once , had balancing done ok for a bit then started doing it again, hadnt thrown a weight, took wheels off , put back on on same corners, cured, one must have been seated badly, no probs since.

Comment

Started driving my sisters fiesta around a bit back in october, told her for weeks and weeks there was a problem with the front left wheel, and it needed balancing and tracking checked an she and the rest of the family insisted it was just coz she had a slow puncture and i wasn't used to a small light car. Eventually convinced her to have it checked out so she took it to have it checked, they took the wheel off and the inside rim of her alloy was literally almost square (well pentagonal i guess as it was a 5 spoke).
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

i spent ages taking my truck to the local tyre shop to keep having wheels balanced because they just didnt know what tools to use by the sound of things.
        but 3rd time lucky after each time them telling me its a buckled wheel because of off roading.. to which i said 'naa mate'

now ive put wheel spacers on i got a little tiddle of a wobble but i can drive through it.. might re-seat those spacers. but i will mark where theyre at now in case i make it worse which will proabably happen
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
        X