X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lanes in Kent

Hey Guys/Gals,

This is my first post on hiluxsurf so please bear with me

I've just bought my first Surf, it's the 93 2.4td auto and I'm dying to get mud beyond the wheel arches!

Problem is I don't have OS map yet and the more I read about RUPPs and BOATs the more confused I'm getting. Even the KCC don't seem to have a clue.

I'm based in Kent (Tunbridge Wells area) and if anyone (Nero279... Corsetts?) could point me toward a local lane I'd seriously appreciate it... in fact if anyone is planning an outing this weekend I'd be very interested in joining you... safety in numbers, ramblers scare me see

Thanks

have a look in the off road-greenlaning bit of the forum.there is a trip being planned from dorking onthe 6th.

welcome by the way !!
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by TimDPoole
      safety in numbers, ramblers scare me see
      Best not go out alone anyway. Getting stuck when there's another truck is a five minute fix. Getting stuck alone is a long, long walk.

Comment

Yeah I have a good sense of self-preservation so I don't plan to be laning on my own

I've just been watching the vid's and pic's from a trip Nero279, Joker??, TinTin and GWH200 recently did near Maidstone. That looked like a hell of a lot of fun and I wondered how many of you guys have raised suspension. That one steep drop into that mud pool looked like you would need it!

Also, where exactly was that and do you guys plan to do that again soon?

gwh200, thanks for that. I'll have a look now.

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
          Best not go out alone anyway. Getting stuck when there's another truck is a five minute fix. Getting stuck alone is a long, long walk.
          oh too true

dorking is good. and will be okay if you have no lift. i first took my truck there when the suspension had dropped below standard and it was ok. the bash plate would hit the mud in the lanes and no damage done.
          but my truck was some how lowered by the previous owner, so it was sub standard.
          Last edited by dieselboy; 19 December 2007, 13:00.
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Yeah I have a good sense of self-preservation so I don't plan to be laning on my own

I've just been watching the vid's and pic's from a trip Nero279, Joker??, TinTin and GWH200 recently did near Maidstone. That looked like a hell of a lot of fun and I wondered how many of you guys have raised suspension. That one steep drop into that mud pool looked like you would need it!

Also, where exactly was that and do you guys plan to do that again soon?

gwh200, thanks for that. I'll have a look now.
            that was laning around the north kent area,along the pilgrims way .

only some of us had varying degrees of suspension/body lifts,there was a
            couple of standard surfs as well,thought he bombhole would probably ned a bit of a suspension raise !!

the standard surfs would amaze you with what they can do ,and where they can go !!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Ah, I've heard about this Pilgrims’ way lane. Where does it start?

I'll be looking to get myself sorted with a body raise and suspension at some point so fingers crossed I'll be bombing down black lanes soon enough

Other than Pilgrims’ way, do you guys know of any other decent lanes round these parts?

Comment

Ah, I've heard about this Pilgrims’ way lane. Where does it start?

I'll be looking to get myself sorted with a body raise and suspension at some point so fingers crossed I'll be bombing down black lanes soon enough

Other than Pilgrims’ way, do you guys know of any other decent lanes round these parts?
                you wont be able to send nero279 a private message (need to pay a tenner and get full membership)so why not start a new thread,and ask him.

he should be getting out of his bed by,ooooo lets see, about 3pm
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

This is a new thread no?

Comment

This is a new thread no?
                    SPOSE SO !!
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                      you wont be able to send nero279 a private message (need to pay a tenner and get full membership)so why not start a new thread,and ask him.

he should be getting out of his bed by,ooooo lets see, about 3pm
                      oi ya cheeky git, i was up an out by 9.30am (well 10 maybe) today. Been a busy week infact, sunday i was doing the multimedia for the churches christmas production, had to go out to pick up the lights at 10.30 (AM again), got back about 1 had some lunch then went back out at 2 to set them up before the final rehearsal at 3.30, didn't get time to come home between rehearsal and actual performance so got home just before midnight. Started work at 8.00am monday. Had my ADI test at 10.05 AM in folkestone on tuesday, and had to go to canterbury today for some christmas shopping. Been up by 9.30 every day so far

Back on topic, yes, I know a few lanes around and about. And i'm always happy to go explore more, got OS maps for most of kent, and the rest of kent and sussex i got on memory map with (i think) every byway this side of the border marked up and a few the other side. I wanna explore a few lanes round the hythe & folkestone area fairly soon, and also a few other groups of lanes too, but as already has been said laning on your own is a big no no, far better to go out in a small group incase anything goes wrong.
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

oh no !!!!!!

do i have to go laning again !!
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                          oh no !!!!!!

do i have to go laning again !!
                          See my post in 'corsetts' lake something or other thread

Looks like we need another trip out and show a few people around
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

as a responsible adult i suppose i will have to come with you
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

damn and blast it looks as though we're gonna have to go now they might let me out if there's a responsible adult coming
                              =========
                              =SOLD UP!=
                              =========

Comment

Working...
                              X