Cry for help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cry for help...

Hi received this email and thought that someone might be able to help or offer advice...

QUOTE:
    I desperately need a wheel bearing & oil seal for my South African hilux 2.8 double cab.
    I am in the UK

We have just returned from a 2 month trip accros the sahara in the truck & have a wheel bearing thats completely broken up and as its a south african model have had no luck in locating one anywhere in europe or N africa

The bearing is a tapered type & I belive the axle is the G Max type (not the european type, I did not originally realise that this axle was only produced in SA)

The vehicle is a 2 .8 D Hilux double cab originally driven to UK from SA

Year of manufacture in SA is 1996

Model Number LN67R-MDPNS

Vin No AHT31LN6700002204

UNQUOTE

If you want to contact him directly his email is AWhite82299(at)aol.com

Thanks
    Last edited by bundubasher; 17 September 2013, 14:48.
    @africa4x4cafe
    [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Are we talking front or rear bearing. I assume this vehicle is a soild front axle.

Nev

Comment

this is the answer I sent him:

Good afternoon:

Look on the side of the bearing.
      In small letters stamped onto the race (got to punch out ) - is the ID/OD/ and a bunch more stuff.

Go to your main bearing supplier and get the same unit.

Same with the oil seal.

If you don't come right with that, and you are willing to pay the freight and cost of parts, we can organized that one is shipped up to the UK for you.

Next question front or rear axle?

You should however, be able to come right there. Don't go to Toyota, but rather punch out the seal and bearing/race and copy down the #'s.

Thanks though Nev.
      @africa4x4cafe
      [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
      X