No announcement yet.

my egr removal/blockoff plates have arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am interested in a set if they suit the KZ185 engine. Is there a picture guide of the bits you need to remove?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Comment

There's a pipe runs from the exhaust manifold round the rear of the engine to an actuator valve connected to the inlet manifold, the blocking plates go on either end of this pipe. Its a pig of a job with the head on unless the nuts are not rusted and reasonably easy to undo. H

Comment

ok is there anybody here who might have a template for plates that need cutting out to do the egr.
        it would be easier to have the plates all done and ready to fit before i start this job .
        cheers

Comment

it should only take about 1 hour or less if your going to make some
          after you have the egr pipe off use that to mark out the plates.
          all you need is a hacksaw file and vice

you will spend about 20minutes getting the 4 bolts out, 30minutes making it and 10 getting it back on.
          Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

will place an order soon

helle mate i will definatly hit you up for a pair of them soon.awsome.was goin to make a pair but as usual too busy playin call of duty .lol

Comment

ill have a word with my mate , he did make me a batch but made them from 2mm steel which are too thin so i need to get some more 6mm ones asap
              they would be £10 per pair posted if anyones interested
              PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                ill have a word with my mate , he did make me a batch but made them from 2mm steel which are too thin so i need to get some more 6mm ones asap
                they would be £10 per pair posted if anyones interested
                Newbie stupid question time but what is the benefit of blanking off the "EGR" (?) pipe. Why did Toyota put it on if its not needed? What does it do? And if its beneficial, can I have some plates - fitted....?
                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

ill talk to you about it monday when i tow you to have your engine fixed mate

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
                    ill talk to you about it monday when i tow you to have your engine fixed mate

Cool. Been surfless for a week now and I'm starting to miss it!
                    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

put me down for a pair of 3litre egr plates.

cheers

Comment

Hi Animal,
                        Pair of 3 ltr ones for me too please. Is payment via Paypal OK? If you PM me with your email, I can send the money.
                        Thanks,
                        Mark

Comment

I'll like a set please! Happy to paypal when details available.

Comment

just pm'ed you animal but i dont think youll get the plates in time.

i need to blank it before friday.

so im gonna whip out the grinder, some steel and see what happens....
                            My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

right im just waiting to hear when they will be ready , hopefully within the next week , as soon as they are then ill put a paypal address up for payment and get them posted off to people
                              can someone start a list on here of who wants them so ive got an idea how many i need him to make
                              cheers

Comment

Add markp2 to the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X